Okay... How many of you ski or snowboard?

by shamus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Snowboarding rocks! I used to be an avid boarder a handful of years ago (before I moved to warmer climate and sold my board). Boarding in the Rockies is beautiful. I tried skiing twice, but as soon as I strapped on a snowboard, there was no room for being a planker. I think boarding is much easier than skiing.

• simplesally
    simplesally

For some reason this picture is not uploading............but here are me and my ex last year in Heavenly.

http://www.kellymadams.com/gallery/album01/Heavenly_big

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Great pic...sally. Tahoe is our next trip. Gorgeous place.

I won't post any of my ski pics....most of them I'm on my butt with a pissed off look on my face.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Around my way we have skiing, snowboarding and snowtubing. I've skiied a few times but prefer snow tubing.

Devon

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

My whole family skis. I 'm not very good and definitely a chicken. My kids are quite good and my husband is really good. Our family is heading off to Marmot Basin in Jasper National Park for this weekend.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Sally that pic is beautiful!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I went skiing for the first time last March. Going again in just two more weeks! Weeee! Can't wait!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Billygoat, make sure to take some lessons, it is work to do that, but it makes such a difference. You won't go back to old habits and you will learn the proper way to stop...............a key technique!!!!!!

• Smyler
    Smyler

I go skiing a few times a year at a little 'mountian.' Some of you Rockie Mountain skiers might laugh at it as its only about 500-600 feet high. But I do love skiiing! I tried snowboarding once for about a hour and half and decided I didn't like it. But I really wanna try monoskiing, it looks awesome!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I went skiing ONCE.. it was an experience.. I never got past the 'bunny hill'..

once when I tried to get up from falling and I just happened to be near a pole, I thought HEY cool.. let me use this to help me get up!! My friend with me was laughing so hard I asked her what was so funny? She said that it looked like I was having sex with the pole....

I asked her if we could go in for that drink now???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit