Help w/Art Memorial Project

by Valis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Loris
    Loris

How about a tractor shaped topiary. They do some really funky stuff with wire and vines. Sort of like Disneyland/Disney World.

Loris

• Valis
    Valis

Loris...That's a great idea too...thanks for your input.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Gadget
    Gadget

If you want to use a real tractor, why not cover it in compost held in place by hessian matting, the plants/grass could grow on that and you could follow the bodywork no problem.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Wrap the entire frame work in a water absorbant matting. Take small pieces of rope and tie a compost paste to it. Either seed it with moss.

Or get some already pieces of moss from a Garden Store. Then wrap that with rope around the entire frame. It will spread in no time, provided you don't have too much sunlight on it. Don't hose it down with water. Use a light misted sprayer to moisten the entire piece. Later after it grows you can cut the rope off and it's done. Voila

Puternut

• alias
    alias

Valis,

What a wonderful gesture towards your friend.

alias

• Valis
    Valis

Thanks alias...tomorrow I will get the yes or no, but I found one of the flower beds at school that would be perfect for it.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Valis,

Sorry to hear about your buddy.

Here are 2 ideas:

Maybe use air plants. I know they grow on wood, they might grow on metal or you could just cover certain pieces with wood.

or

Not sure if it will work, but maybe cover it with the spray on green grass seed fertalizer mixture. I forget what it is called and you would probably have to apply it often if it grew at all

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yeah, after giving it much pondering I would think a tractor topiary would be the most feesible and most effective of the plans.

• Valis
    Valis

w00t! w00t! I got permission! *LOL* I was worried today...my friend and VP of the college Michael Jackson set an appointment this morning to talk about my project...I was prepared for him to say no, but much to my suprise he said yes! AND it is most probably going to be placed out in front of our new and upcoming Student Union building. I'm way stoked, the sun is shining and I hope somewhere, perhaps on some distant wheat farm in the Pleadies my friend Wayne is laughing his ass off and cussing me at the same time..*LOL* Now all I gotta do is draw it and give everyone a glimpse into my idea....w00t! Have a good day and more very very soon!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I went door to door for your project yesterday Travis. I stopped at a house with some acreage in Carrollton, and asked the farmers wife if he might want to sell his rusting old tractor. She liked your story, and took my number for her husband to call. Alas, no farmers daughter was to be seen.

Have you found a tractor?

Sidenote: It is funny to note how much nicer and more amenable people are right off the bat to me, the stanger at their door in casual clothes and earrings, than they were to me, the stranger at their door in a suit and holding a bookbag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit