2 elders just came to my door. I smiled and told them no.

by schnell 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yup - had a similar conversation with an elder the other day who tried to "encourage" me. I simply told him that I didn't actually care what anyone thought of my situation and attitude as we're all the same and no one is sitting in judgement of me.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Today might be "take a pedophile in service" day.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I thought you dealt with them perfectly. To say anything more than you did gives them an opening.

They have nothing to latch on to, they have done their bit, and hopefully will leave it a long time before calling again.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Beautifully dealt with!!

As a very wise geneticist once advised me, "Searcher, if you've got nothing to say, don't say it!

You gave them nothing!

• Heaven
    Heaven

blondie said: That elder shouts: Are you saying that the WTS is not God's organization.

Husband: No, you said it.

It seems to me, from many of the stories I've read here, that this is what the elders are really after. They aren't trying to encourage anyone. They are trying to 'keep the Borganization clean'. It also seems to me, that by this very action, they are actually accomplishing the exact opposite. :0/

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think some of 'em just can't resist trying to smoke out any alleged "apostates".

• flipper
    flipper
    SCHNELL- Very good job. Keep them at bay. Question for you : Was the pedophile that called on you working in service alone ? Or did he have another JW partner with him at your door ? Just curious as these pedophiles allegedly aren't supposed to work in field service by themselves calling on doors
  • schnell
    schnell

@flipper, this known pedophile was not out in service, though he does go. The reason I say he's a known pedophile is that he molested his cousin's son at 18 years old. His uncle kept him from getting arrested. He has made comments at the meeting about controlling his urges.

I had become a family friend in the last couple years and when I learned that (from them), I was not out yet. Just sickened by it and stuck with how to deal with it given the political correctness in the JW congregation. "Be loving, hospitable, forgiving..."

I am out now and I want to start a family. He has gone up to talk to my wife at meetings and PMed her on Facebook. I was not hospitable to him. I made it very clear that he is not welcome here on his own. Because whether we like it or not, sometimes you have to be a protectionist asshole.

Now, to answer your more general question about sex offenders out in service:

https://youtu.be/W4a9kJqWGIE

• DJS
    DJS

That elder shouts: "Are you saying that the WTS is not God's organization." Heaven suggests what they are after, which is:

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

' ... Don't act like an overly attached girlfriend...'

I have never had an overly attached girlfriend. Must be hard to deal with. I didn't even have an overly attached wife. When things got a little rough she showed me the front door. [ That's why I recommend having an escape plan. Sleeping in a Toyota Corolla for a month gives you pain in places other people don't even have places.]

' ... I smiled and said no not right now, and they said to just let them know when I need some encouragement. They kinda hung their heads a little..'.

Maybe you should have said, ' From the way you are hanging your heads you look like the ones that need some encouragement. Give me a call some time. Maybe I can help. Right now I have more important things to do. HAVE A GREAT DAY!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit