Women Kissing in Commercial

by Beans 17 Replies latest social current

• bebu
    bebu
    But I don't want to see it on my TV.

I remember the line I heard back in '75 from gay rights, "Stay out of our bedroom." Sounded reasonable to me...

Now everyone's bedroom is on TV! Network TV is nearly as bad as cable. If it gets any worse, I'm ditching everything and listening to the radio and reading the internet for news. (Maybe we'll get a playstation after all!..)

bebu

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

If society says its okay, than it must be!! We now see under age children having sex on tv and doing drugs. Must be okay..if its on tv.Hmmmm...what will it be like 10 years from now?

• Puternut
    Puternut

Cover your kids' eyes, and enjoy the commercial. Maybe next time they will lick the lips, rather than kiss.................

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Anytime you let your kids watch after 7:30 on the major networks you are letting them watch sexual innuendo out the axx...watch the next "Friends" or "Will & Grace"....I doubt girls kissing would be a shock to anyone who watches or lets their kids watch those shows....and I am not saying there is anything wrong with watching them...but lets face it sex sells and is pretty much everywhere!

Yep. Good points. And no, just because it is on T.V., it doesn't make it okay. Since when is television content the gold standard for what is okay and what isn't?

What gets me is the folks who will watch all kinds of sexual situations on the tube, but as soon as a gay *gasp* couple is portrayed engaging in the very same things that heterosexual people have been shown doing (for years now) suddenly they don't want it on their T.V.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    There is a difference between tolerance and total acceptance. I tolerate homosexuals and homosexuality. I don't wish them ill or want them dead. But I don't want to see it on my TV.

I feel the same way about black people.

• shamus
    shamus
    There is a difference between tolerance and total acceptance. I tolerate homosexuals and homosexuality. I don't wish them ill or want them dead. But I don't want to see it on my TV.

Dan,

You suprise me by your post, which I've quoted up top.

I guess none of you have seen the crappy show "will and grace". It's plastered on your television sets nightly, DUH! One is even stereotypical...

Yeah, I have to agree with funkyderek. I feel the same way about black people too. But that wouldn't make me a bigot or anything, would it?

• avishai
    avishai

I don't want my kids seeing either. All the innuendo, i mean. But the radio, A.M and F.M is even worse in the morning driving them to school. Even NPR has Sex topics on a regular basis. The x-tian stations are the only one's I can't find dirty words or adult topics on. Damn!!!

I think i'm gonna just turn 'em both OFF for good, just use the VCR.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE
    let go of the double standard guys

I concur: Xena said it best.

Then again, she seems to say everything best...

Nothing more to add.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit