Women Kissing in Commercial

by Beans 17 Replies latest social current

• Beans
    Beans

During the Superbowl a Canadian beer company had a commercial of a women (very hot) who was applying lip gloss, her friend (very hot as well) had forgotten hers so they decided to share in the form of making out. Standing in awww were three guys, great commercial!

So my eight year old daughter was listening to our conversation regarding the commercial and said "kids could be watching this" kinda funny. Personally I don't object to this commercial and do want my children to understand everything as they find out about it outside the home in due time anyway.Now some say this is wrong for children to watch and especially during prime time and the biggest sporting event of the year.

So here is a great point that a friend brought up! If society has determined now that this is OK why is it wrong to show it on television? Excellent point isn't it!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    If society has determined now that this is OK why is it wrong to show it on television?

There is a difference between tolerance and total acceptance. I tolerate homosexuals and homosexuality. I don't wish them ill or want them dead. But I don't want to see it on my TV.

• dh
    dh
    There is a difference between tolerance and total acceptance. I tolerate homosexuals and homosexuality. I don't wish them ill or want them dead. But I don't want to see it on my TV.

yip, i totally agree with that.

• Beans
    Beans

They show hetero's making out and having sex on day time soaps and prime time! We tolerate that!

• Xena
    Xena

Good point beans....let go of the double standard guys

• Princess
    Princess

My kids aren't watching day time soaps and prime time television though. I guess it doesn't bother me but I'd rather my kids weren't exposed to it at five and seven.

My five year old daughter told me that boys marry boys and girls marry girls. A kid at school told her that. I told her it's true and left it at that. More questions will come later I'm sure. My cousin is a lesbian and my kids see them at birthdays and holidays so it's not that big of a deal. She hasn't made the connection yet that Deb lives with a woman instead of a man, but she will in time.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    But I don't want to see it on my TV.

That's what the remote is for, LoL.

• dh
    dh
    They show hetero's making out and having sex on day time soaps and prime time! We tolerate that!

i flick the channel either way, i don't think it's necesary to show people balling on tv.

That's what the remote is for, LoL.

yip, but if it's primetime and i'm watching the smurfs, and an ad comes on and it's two guys making out, of course i will consider it to be baaaaad programming, how dare they interrupt the smurfs. it would be the same if it were a hetero couple making out, i would change the channel, but if the same thing happened during an adult oriented TV show at night, i think the programming would be totally acceptable for this society we live in, but i would still change the channel.

my point is that i don't want to have to change the channel when i'm watching the smurfs.

• Xena
    Xena

I have never see the smurfs on during primetime...well maybe on the cartoon network...and I highly doubt your gonna see anyone making out on there...well maybe the jetsens...I always felt they were probably a bit kinky.

Anytime you let your kids watch after 7:30 on the major networks you are letting them watch sexual innuendo out the axx...watch the next "Friends" or "Will & Grace"....I doubt girls kissing would be a shock to anyone who watches or lets their kids watch those shows....and I am not saying there is anything wrong with watching them...but lets face it sex sells and is pretty much everywhere!

• Beans
    Beans

Excellent point Xena!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit