coming back as a jw

by nana 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nana
    nana

i've fallen for a man who is a jw and i haven't been one in years .i really don't know what to do or how the church will react to me being a divorce woman and all. the problem is my oldest son i don't how he would handle the change.

• mouthy
    mouthy

My advice after being a JW for over 20 years is to run as fast as you can from this man if you love your son.It is child abuse....

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Break it off and find someone else to love, or you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Listen to Mouthy's advice on this one. She's spot on.

Steve

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    the problem is my oldest son i don't how he would handle the change.

Never mind him, what about the younger kids? How are they going to handle having so much taken off them: birthdays, Christmas presents and decorations, Easter eggs, after school sports/activities, college, their favourite TV shows (anything that can be vaguely interpreted as occultic such as Pokemon or Dragon Ball), harmless dating at high-school age? How are they going to take the hassles they never used to get: not standing for the National Anthem, not saluting the flag, etc. How do you feel about the possibility of having to argue with doctors that you don't want your child to receive a life-saving blood transfusion if they have an accident or have an operation that produces a large amount of blood loss?

• Sargon
    Sargon
    i haven't been one in years

Try to remember why you left in the first place. If your reasons were valid back then they should be valid now.

• Flash
    Flash

Hello nana,

I have found that true love re-occurs through out our lives, that there is no love so special that cannot be found in time with another. I would ask you to reflect on your personal experience with the Witnesses and ask yourself 'is it really worth it?' The complete unquestioning surrender of self to the will and views of GB is what's waiting for you. Is that what you want? Will you really be happier with that kind of life?

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Life is worth more than a crush.

• dustyb
    dustyb

well here's my 2 cents. if you care for the guy, do your research and tell him that you want to be w/ him, but you're not going to be a JW.....

• FairGame
    FairGame

Spot on mouthy!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Run, Run, Run, dont walk,

your child is more important !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit