A boiling pot of emotions

by JV 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I understood every word of your post, even though I was brought up a JW.

I don't want to tell somebody I'm depressed and feel like jumping off a bridge at the meetings,

Yep, I've been there. I always had the urge to tie myself to the back of a car and be dragged down the road.

I was a complete outcast at the meetings. Nobody seemed to give a shit about me. Whenever I had a conversation with someone else, it was always the same:

Bro: Hi Nos.
    Me: Hello
    Bro: How's school going?
    Me: Good
    Bro: That's good. <walks away>

I'd have this conversation a few times during the meeting. Completely unloving and uncaring. All they were doing is faking concern for all the flock. I never got a phone call from anyone. I always seemed to do the phone calling. It was me who was always trying to initiate a friendship there. It got tiring. Why wasn't anyone ever calling me?

Worldly friends are much better. I had them because I couldn't feel a connection with anyone at the meetings. I felt completely different from the others. I felt I had nothing in common with them. Then I'd occasionally get one brother who would "encourage" me to be more active. The worst was when he would try and get me to answer a specific question at the Watchtower study, and would tell the WT conductor to look for my hand on that particular question. I hated it. It made me feel completely singled out when the WT conductor would stare at me from the podium.

I feel like a caged animal i do nothing but sit in my room waiting for the next day.

Yup, I know that feeling. It's the feeling that you aren't allowed to let your own desires and thoughts flow freely. You always have to watch what you do, and watch what you say because there's that guy outside of the cage with the whip.

The WTS prevents us from discovering who we are. They're telling us who we are. Our choice in our daily activities is limited. You're told what you can and can't participate in, what entertainment you can have, and even what food you can eat. You're not able to become part of a worldly group of people, you can't listen to music that has to do with love, sex, partying, drugs, or even just a few swear words, and you can't eat meat product if there's any trace of blood in them.

I'll tell you something, ever since I left, I've gone out to Karaoke bars, I listen to heavy metal music, and I love medium rare steak! I now have complete control over my choices. I have the freedom to choose. Gaining the ability to choose makes you feel more powerful, more confident, more independant, and even more intelligent.

My advice to you is to ditch the JWs, and get involved in a sport of your choice. You should have no problem making some very good friends by doing this.

You also have an added bonus: you're not baptized. That means you can still talk to people from your KH if you leave. You're not totally sucked in yet, and I advise you not to. I was never baptized, and I'm glad I made the choice to never be baptized. It's saved me a lot of problems. Good luck on whatever you CHOOSE. That's right, you have a lot of choices. Don't let anyone else tell you what to do, because it's your choices that will determine what you do with yourself.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

JV.............run, run, run, while you still have a chance...............your mom is an adult. Just because she chose it, does not mean you have to. I was 14 when I listened to my mom and got sucked in by those people..............please, spare yourself the pain of wasted years............I was in track and had to quit when I started studying.............run, run, run! They will make you miserable.............their belief system is soooo limiting..................90% of JW kids end up leaving.........it's a cult...........it will be easier to have the discussion with your mom now and tell her that you have your own life to live.....get it over now, don't waste your life with these people.

Terri

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD, jv......Here's a hyperlink to some very valuable info that will help help open your eyes and enable you to deal with those "issues" that are plaguing you and will be plaguing you in the future for a time... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/57203/1.ashx

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Frannie B

• franklin J
    franklin J

Welcome to the forum, JV

My advice to you is GO AND HAVE SOME FUN.

Go with your friends from school.

Go and join as many athletic teams you can handle and HAVE FUN.

Join as many clubs at school as you want to.

Forget about JW meetings; YOUR SECULAR SCHOOLING AND ADVANCEMEMT TO COLLEGE IS VERY IMPORTANT. If you still have time to go to meetings, ( and want to) than by all means go---but remember--they will try to talk you OUT of anything secular; friends-school-sports.

Keep you chin up and move passed them. You sound like you might have many friends at school to spend time with. Good. Once you establish relationships with them you will feel like you belong and that will make you feel better about yourself.

If you are still interested in JW meetings--remember that you can ALWAYS go back to it after your education

good luck!

Frank

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

JV,

Take it from the buttload of experience here on this board - RUN! You are in the perfect position to live and explore you life and world. One sure way to piss away 10 or so years is to stay with the JW's. You will end up miserable if you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit