A Newbie Comment......

by Nan 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome! Please keep us posted of your son! Maverick

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Hi Nan.

I wish you luck. If fair reasoning and effort can bring my mother of 30 years in the Watchtower away, no doubt it can with this person.

Dosvedanya.

• alias
    alias

Welcome Nan! Did you know that your name is a palindrome? :)

alias

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Nan!
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome to the forum Nan!

At the risk of sounding redundant I loved this:

I JUST got off the phone with our son and had an amazing conversation with him! He called to see if we wanted to come hear a Curcuit Overseer's talk at their KH. To make a loooong story short, he has agreed to read some stories from ex-JWs that I've found on the net. I asked him, "Doesn't it make sense to hear an ex-JW's side of the story? After all, THEY HAVE BEEN THERE....THEY HAVE LIVED IT and know what they're talking about." He agreed. HALELUJAH! So, we'll see what happens.....

Very good tactic! Let him see for himself and reason it out. That's exactly what I did when I was making the decision to go back or to fade I found this forum and read everything I could. It was a real eye opener for me and I had been raised a JW and raised my kids as JW's too.

Just be patient, it helps that he has his parents he can talk things out with and help him see the truth about the "truth". Keep us posted and fwiw the web link Beans put up is a great source of information for both of you.

Kate

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Nan Welcome to JWD. I

understand you have been "lurking" for a while. Glad to have you aboard.

Do not ever feel you are different than any of us here. We are of like mind, and that is to free our loved ones from mental slavery. JWism is a cult, without physical chain link fences and isolated compounds, but they have succeeded in creating these enclosures within the minds of their adherents.

You are at a critical stage right now with your son. His mind has not yet been fully saturated with the JW poison. But his love for his wife is altering his thought process.

You are amongst friends here, and we wish the best for you and your family.

xjw_b12 "Millions Now Living Will Never Die Know" You may want to throw that famous quote in the equasion

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Greetings and welcome Nan. Ah, Bill Clinton neighborhood. You don't have to be a JW or an X to to throw in your two cents on this forum.

Guest 77

• Sargon
    Sargon

Hi Nan,

most of my family are jw's. Keep an eye on your daughter-in-law. She may appear to keep a low profile on preaching to family members but i can tell you from personal experience that their theocratic warfare heats up the most when someone's defences are down.

Welcome to the board!!

• Nan
    Nan

Thank you all again for your warm welcome. I appreciate it very much! I'm so glad you all have EACH OTHER for support, for I understand it is quite terrible to be disfellowshipped.....i.e.: you're on the WT "hit list"; losing family members; losing friends; feeling like there's nowhere to go; etc. etc. Gosh, what did ex-JWs DO before the internet...where did they go for help & support?! Reading all your information, advice, etc. is like therapy for ME....and I've never even been a JW!

I have to keep believing that the Lord will open our son & d-in-l's eyes and reveal the REAL Truth to them. In the meantime, we will continue to love on them and keep the lines of communication open. I'm so happy & thankful that our son at least has agreed to read some testimonies from ex-JWs. That's a start.....

Warm regards,

Nancy :o)

• Jesika
    Jesika

HI Nan and welcome to the forum.

I briefly scanned the many posts you have recieved so far.......and I didnt see anyone mention the book Crisis of Conscience ( I could be wrong but I didnt see it mentioned) it is written by Ray Franz who was a member of the governing body. You can order it at Freeminds.org

The book is a good read for you and for your son.......I doubt your DIL will even want to see the book in your hands or your son's hands......but it is a good source of information you may be looking for.

I wish you luck with your son..........but just understand the more you push a JW......the more they will fight you. Patience is hard when dealing with this kind of situation.........but more often then not has been the best approach.

If I can be of anymore help feel free to PM me.

Love,

Jes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit