A Newbie Comment......

by Nan 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Nan
    Nan

Hi,

I'm a Newbie, but have been reading this board for quite a while. I have never been a JW nor anyone in my family, so I feel like I don't quite fit in with all of you, but hope you'll welcome me. I have done extensive research and study of the Watchtower teachings.

I love reading about how you all came to realize the WT was false. The reason for my interest in your realizations is it gives me HOPE for our son & daughter-in-law. Our son is not a JW, but married a lovely girl about 2 years ago (who at the time was working to become a JW). She was baptized about 8 months ago and is gung-ho WT. We've had many talks and I've tried to point out all the false prophesies, altered doctrines, words in their NWT that were never there in the Greek, etc. All have fallen on deaf ears. Even our son is defending this organization now. My husband and I are very saddened by this. All we can do is pray. I happened upon this verse the other day. Perhaps many of you already know this one:

Jesus said, "See to it that you be not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He', and, 'The time is at hand', do not go after them." Luke 21:8

Thanks for listening. Will continue to read your posts..... :o)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hi Nan and welcome

My heart goes out to you

• Valis
    Valis

Hi Nan, welcome to the forum! Ya the JWs have a long arm and it really is unfortunate that it has effectted your family. Thanks for the compliments and enjoy!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• kj
    kj

Welcome Nan! I've never been a JW either, but my mom got sucked in about 7 years ago. You've come to the right place, these guys are the experts. I hope you will have some positive stories about your son and daughter-in-law in the future, and that what you learn here can help them.

kj

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Hi Nan!

Welcome! You will find interesting information here. I'm sorry to hear of your situation. Lots of people have family lost if the JW world. I lost my Mom. I hope to hear from you again.

Sincerely,

Strawberryfieldsforever

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Welcome Nan, you can read and research the witnesses but you have to be one to understand it, sort of like being in the Mafia

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nan, welcome to the board. You are not alone. I, also, will never be a JW. My husband is, though.

Persuasion through logic alone has it's limits. The harder you argue, the more sure she will be that you are the "enemy". Try speaking directly to the heart through small acts of kindness, and food. The results are slow and less sure, but I have great faith they bear fruit in the long run.

(Romans 12:2 Darby)

If therefore thine enemy should hunger, feed him; if he should thirst, give him drink; for, so doing, thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Nan, you are VERY WELCOME here.. I hope you can gain some insight here to help your situation. We look forward to getting to know you!

• dustyb
    dustyb

yep, welcome. read up and educate yourself becuase they'll come preachin your direction.... best way to talk them out of it is to ask them their experiences at the KH, because that always makes my g/f wonder (she's a baptized JW). because if JW's are supposed to act different, they sure don't seem like it...

• dh
    dh

welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit