Light A Candle To Remember

by cruzanheart 31 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Tonight on the news I saw yet another story about that dear little 11-year-old girl who was kidnapped and killed. I thought of her. I thought of the 77-year-old woman who was kidnapped and killed in our area last week. I thought of the little Guatamalen girl who had surgery to remove the second head that had grown on her during gestation and who died this morning. I thought of my dad and his suicide last February, my uncles who died of Alzheimer's, my aunt who died last month of old age. I've got candles lit in my house for them and for all others who deserve to be remembered. May they find peace and happiness wherever they are.

Want to join me? Light a candle to remember those who are gone but not forgotten.

Nina

• jgnat
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For my aunt Suzanne, and two friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

for my mom and dad and all those who have died thinking God had left them. May they find peace.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

• One for my Granpa and Gramma, an aunt, three uncles, two cousins and a friend who all died of cancer.
    • One for two friends who died of depression. They felt that suicide was the only way out.

I miss them all.

CountryGuy

(I copied and pasted from Lady Lee, thanks!)

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

A candle for my Mom and Dad

A candle for my grandparents

Lisa

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

For the innocence lost
    And the sad child
    The life that could have been
    And wasn't.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Made me think of this CCR song. It means more if you've heard it. Hope you don't mind me putting it here.

Put a candle in the window, ?cause I feel I?ve got to move.
    Though I?m going, going, I?ll be coming home soon,
    ?long as I can see the light.

Pack my bag and let?s get movin?, ?cause I?m bound to drift a while.
    When I?m gone, gone, you don?t have to worry long,

Guess I?ve got that old trav?lin? bone, ?cause this feelin? won?t leave me alone.
    But I won?t, won?t be losin? my way, no, no

Yeah! yeah! yeah! oh, yeah!

Put a candle in the window, ?cause I feel I?ve got to move.
    Though I?m going, going, I?ll be coming home soon,
    Long as I can see the light.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

For my sister, my grandmother and grandfather. My close friend, Walter, who died of AIDS. My girlfriend, Tony, who was murdered. My step-aunt, Bobby Joyce, who died of lung cancer. All the bros and sisters and children who have died because they needed blood.

edited to add....beautiful song, syrup....

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Yes...I have no candle pic...but I light one for the following:

...my best JW's friend baby who passed away last week

...my father who passed away 12 years ago

...my ex boyfriend and his wife and unborn child who all died in a car accident in 1996

but, instead of just saddness..remember at least one moment of joy for each person. It is not pity that honors thier memory, but remembering the person they were

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit