Gods G Spot

by hippikon 32 Replies latest members adult

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Yes Seeker, it can be all these things. . .

“It can make you feel comforted, as you were when a child and your father provided a security figure. It can reinforce your determination to accomplish things, if you think you have the backing of a superhuman figure. It can provide some solace to the lonely if they think they have a ready listening ear.”

Even if it is just a fantasy? I know, it still works. Einstein had some interesting things to say on this subject and the conclusions he came to.

The other night I was watching a TV show about the human body; cutting edge material. Did you know that the skeleton is continuously and actively sculpted as an autonomous reaction to the stresses placed upon it? I didn’t until that point. There are cells that secret hydrochloric acid to dissolve the bone is one place, and cells that generate calcium to strengthen it in others. Fascinating stuff.

My point is, if there is a God (creator) why produce something as phenomenal as a human, and then leave it to its own devices. It’s the age old conundrum, isn’t it? And now we see the evidence pointing in the direction that indicates we are just an accident of nature and that the existence of God is a consequence of a misfiring synapse. How depressing. That’s were I see value in the god concept – it alleviates that depression. So, I support Voltaire’s statement, if for reasons other then his own.

By the way, why the screen name Seeker? If you wouldn't mind explaining, I’m curious.

• Introspection
    Introspection
    depending on how you answer the chicken-or-the-egg question: does it mean that God created our brains, or that our brains created God?

That's just it, this is only a correlation, it says nothing about causation. It's pretty much the same as Persinger's research, which are the only two of this type that I am aware of. You can interpret it however you want, it really doesn't mean anything other than a presentation of the individual's existing disposition. Scientifically speaking, (a lot) more research is needed before you can really say anything.

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease."--Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• hippikon
    hippikon

Perhaps size matters to God. If you have a big G Spot you will be more “religious” and God will like you more!

Could explain why a depth of “religion” often runs in the family.

SCIENTISTS believe they have discovered a "God module" in the brain which could be responsible for man's evolutionary instinct to believe in religion.

The scientists said that although the research and its conclusions are preliminary, initial results suggest that the phenomenon of religious belief is "hard-wired" into the brain. .

Dr Vilayanur Ramachandran, head of the research team, said the study involved comparing epileptic patients with normal people and a group who said they were intensely religious.
    Electrical monitors on their skin ­ a standard test for activity in the brain's temporal lobes ­ showed that the epileptics and the deeply religious displayed a similar response when shown words invoking spiritual belief. .

If the research is correct and a "God module" exists, then it might suggest that individuals who are atheists could have a differently configured neural circuit.

People suffering this type of seizure have long reported intense mystical and religious experiences as part of their attacks but also are unusually preoccupied with mystical thoughts between seizures. That led this team to use these patients as a way of investigating the relationship between the physical structure of the brain and spiritual experiences.

This article in its entirety can be found @
    http://www.stthomasu.ca/~truth/GTCGB/extlog2.htm

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Even if it is just a fantasy?

Well, I suspect not. I mean, if you don't believe it, it would lose the magic, so to speak. At least, I would think so.

The key is belief. Muslim suicide bombers are willing to die for their beliefs. Does that convince me they are right? No, only that they think they are right. With belief, anything is possible.

By the way, why the screen name Seeker? If you wouldn't mind explaining, I’m curious.

On the original H2O, when I went to make my first post, it asked for a screen name. That threw me, for I had nothing in mind. So when the first thing popped into my head ("well, I'm seeking answers like the rest of you", I went with it. If I had known then that years later it would be my online persona...well, I probably still would have gone with it, to be honest. I really do seek truth and knowledge and understanding. I have a never-quenched desire to learn more, and thus I am a seeker.

I can guess why picked your screen name!

• Copernicus
    Copernicus
    Well, I suspect not. I mean, if you don't believe it, it would lose the magic, so to speak. At least, I would think so.

Not to mention the effects it would have on contributions!

And hey, thanks for the interesting explanation of you screen name. We have a few things in common

I can guess why picked your screen name!

Not very subtle, am I? ha, ha

Here's a tidbit about my namesake:

His famous work - De Revolutionibus - was banned by the church in 1616 and was only removed in 1835! How's that for enlightened thinking! LOL Almost as bad as the treatment metted out to C of C.

And yes my friend, with belief, anything is possible. Many good things have emerged from that philosophy.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Well it would appear mans imagination knows no bounds

Dr. Morse argues that the study of the NDE provides a starting point for understanding the mysterious link between our brains and the universe. Though sound scientific studies have already identified the existence of "the God Spot"—the right temporal lobe of the brain—Morse takes this concept several steps further. Building on the controversial theory that memory may actually be stored outside the brain, he suggests that the right temporal lobe acts not as a "computer" for our individual minds, but as a transmitter and receiver of the universal mind—and that we can actually learn to stimulate this part of our brains in a number of ways besides near death or active dying. The challenge, he says, is to learn how to integrate the rational (left) and spiritual (right) sides of our brains.

Morse attempts to answer the most important questions from the field of near death studies based on a single premise: that most paranormal perceptions take place through the God Spot’s link to a universal memory bank from which we can receive and access information—and with which we can interact to alter reality in a physical way. Just as Morse’s previous books helped catapult the study of NDEs and their transforming effects from a "fringe" area to one considered mainstream and medically valuable, Where God Lives validates the brain’s connection to the God experience with an arsenal of powerful human stories and indisputable scientific facts that answer formerly intractable questions like:

http://www.near-death.com/paranormal.html

Hows that for an interpretation?

• ladonna
    ladonna

How can we be so sure that Man did Not create god?

Some people find it hard to imagine that we are alone on this planet.......????

The ununswerable question, really.

Ana

• trevor
    trevor

The universe is too vast to exist without some huge power
    external to ourselves. However it is a well known fact that
    the god of the Bible was made in the image of man, by man.

This created god has been used to manipulate and control
    the masses for thousands of years.

Of course many people like to believe in a personal, controling god,
    because it takes away from them the responsibility for their own
    lives and the future of this tiny planet.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

, http://www.godpart.com/

more on the God part of your brain

Next we'll have wall posters: this is yer brain. (a brain)
    This is yer brain on God (a Penn&Teller gelatin brain mold)

• Seeker
    Seeker
    The universe is too vast to exist without some huge power
    external to ourselves.

I'd be interested to hear the reasoning behind this statement. If vastness is what provides the proof, how vast is vast? If the universe were a little bit smaller, would it mean there was no need for a higher power? Your statement seems to imply that. If so, how many light years does it take before we cross the threshold of "too vast"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit