What was your funniest/weirdest door to door experience?

by Steve Lowry 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

I was once slapped by a wet fish by a seriously deranged old Siberian lady who thought that we belonged to the authorities. Most people you call on have never seen Jehovah's Witnesses before so they are very cautious who they open their doors to.

Russians are very untrusting at the best of times, and to open the door to people with briefcases is not the best of ideas.

• Beans
    Beans

Any Sunday morning in Scarborough after a party when the all nighters are still there lying on the couch drinking beer! Happened alot!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

At one door a big burly guy asked if we wanted to see how big the scar from his recent operation was. My partner and I said sure. Well the guy turns around and pulls down his pants below his butt to reveal nice plump butt cheeks.

We laughed for weeks.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Looking back, this is funny now, but wasn't at the time and it's not precisely door-to-door.

On a weekday (I was aux pioneering), I went along with someone who had a Bible Study that was held REALLY EARLY in the morning (due to shift work), like 6:00 AM or something like that. Anyway, as we arrive at the householder's door, what do we see next door??? Huh, what do you think we saw???

Give up?? An elder sneaking out of the house next door, turns out he'd been having an affair with the neighbor! Well, I don't condone adultery, but looking back, this was both weird and funny.....

Yes, of course, we reported it.

---Dan

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Let's see........let's start my most embarrassing moments door to door at age 16, with the very old, presiding overseer in my congregation............we are working a very rural, country area, and getting no knock on the front door the brother decides to go to the side...which is screened in pool area............(I'm already dying of nervousness) and this woman, nekked as a jay bird comes over and tells us to bug off!

Terri

• freelife
    freelife

I was in a hall with a large Amish area around it. When the lady at this one house opened the door up to see who it was i could smell fresh apple pie cooking. She told me that they were baking for the Flea market. When we got to talking more she opened the door up as soon as the door was all the way open three sheep came running out of the kitchen. She excused them and said they were keeping them in the house because their barn door was broken and they hadn't had a chance to fix it. I just thought to myself I don't think I am going to eat any amish made apple pies for awhile.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

My sister and I had gone to Montreal to serve where the need was great. Or was that the booze that was great. Oh well. We joined this cocky little snot of a guy who thought he was narcissis and he pushed the button for the householder and just a split second before the lady open the door he let one big loud fart.........well me sister and I were trying our damnest to not laugh but it was very difficult. When the lady closed the door he turned to us and said...I'm human too.!!!! Right. He was a piece of work let me tell you, he was always primping his hair and lifting his neck to adjust a perfect tie and shirt, What a dweeb he was, couldn't stand him nor his wife they were very transparent witnesses and they did nothing but gossip about everyone in the KH and I know that I was on the top of their list as they took an instant dislike to me. I guess it was noticable because they were so phoney.

Another day I was in the service this time alone and a Frenchman came to the door butt naked, didn't think twice about it. Here I am trying to keep a straight face. Well I got my presentation out and that was the end of that. I went home.

Love Orangefatcat.....

• wednesday
    wednesday

My day of clarity came one Saturday AM. I was working with someone i did not like all that well, and vice versa. It was a sunny beautiful day and poeple were out in the their yards doing yardwork and washing their cars. We came up to someone who was washing their care and i suddenly realized "your own car needs washing, what are u doing here. " I said"I wish that is what i was doing now, washing my car" My partner nearly dropped her teeth. But it was a moment of clarity for me.I told her i was ready to quit for the day, and got in my car and left.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

good for you Wednesday. I approve.!!!

Orangefatcat

• Sassy
    Sassy

Can't say I have had that many odd or weird or funny experiences..

I did have a man come to the door without clothing once. He was trying to peak around the corner of the door and yet have his body from the waist down hidden.. he grabbed the magazines out of my hand and thanked me and shut his door ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit