What was your funniest/weirdest door to door experience?

by Steve Lowry 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Everybody's gottem. I know I can remember a few.

Once there this guy who came to the door who looked like a muscle man, very big and tough-guy looking and it put me off a bit. I went through my little speech as fast as I could. When I finished, he spoke and his voice was that of a little girl?s! Like Minnie Mouse (sp?) or something. Poor guy. Damn it was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud.

Once a lady came to the door in a see through negligee, very sexy. I stumbled through my words and she just stood there smiling.

One Saturday morning I went out with my brother-in-law. We rang a doorbell and when no one came to the door he insisted on keeping up with the doorbell ringing. I said to him, "Come on, let?s go". But he was determined to make them come to the door. He just kept ringing that doorbell. Well, the guy finally did come to the door and when he did he lambasted my jackass brother-in-law for waking up his wife who was in bed with terminal cancer. I have to admit that watching my pious JW brother-in-law get humbled that way gave me great pleasure.

My best door to door experience came the day I that realized what I was doing was wrong. I was walking along and for the first time it hit me that I was trying to get people to join a way of life that I really didn?t think was any better than what most people had (and maybe worse), nor that I really believed in myself. It was a moment of clarity and self-realization. I stopped, turned around, and went back to my car and that was the last day going of door to door for me. It was the beginning of the end for me as a JW.

Steve

• dustyb
    dustyb

i remember my friend shittin his pants once....that was funny. i also remember knocking on a band members door and he asked us if we wanted to get high.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

One I forgot about, was once when we were doing a ?tract?. You know how that goes; you don?t say very much just quote the given theme and move on. Well, this one tract?s theme was, "Could you use some good news?"

My territory was this very economically underprivileged area and I came up to this lady?s door which was open (it was in the middle of summer). She was covered in sweat and sitting in a chair in front of a poorly operating fan with little kids pulling on her and some crying and, well you get the picture. So I ask her, "Could you use some good news? It seemed almost an insult (to me) seeing how what I was offering was no real help at all. I think she saw it that way too because she looked at me and then looked around her small crowded hot apartment and then looked back at me and said, " Sheeeeeit, man, you kiddin?" I felt like a total ass.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A pal and I were bored Pioneers, so we decided to do each door in a different accent, emulating different "brothers" from the hall.

First attempt was of a Welsh bro who had a real sing-song voice. "My friend and IIII are talking to peeeeople about the biiiiible..."
    I burst out laughing and had to leave the door prematurely, to the bemusement of the householder.

I also couldn't count how many people I interrupted in a state of undress - LOL.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My wife likes to tell the story about how her partner in the Service work passed out on the train in NYC because she had to take a dump...yikes, once she passed out...she passed..well, you know.

Anyhow, I'm sure the Dub didn't find it funny, my my neighbor says the funniest thing she ever saw was a JW pioneer lady walking...almost running down the block, me in tow, bible in hand...chasing her...all the way to her van.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I live in So Cal. One day it was so hot and I had to get my time in for the year. There were no sidewalks on the streets so you walked either on someones lawn or the street............so we walked on the street. Well, I felt like I was standing kinda funny at the door. I looked down, my shoes had melted. The asphalt was so hot it melted my heels off my shoes..........

• gumby
    gumby

Simplsally thinks she so hot she can melt her own shoes...........concieted little bastardette

My funniest and weirdest one was when I saw a lady working in her back yard and when we got closer to her house.....she hid behind the side of the house. I walked on back there and caught her arse tight against the wall hiding and embarrased the shite out of her.

* guess you had to be there*

Gumby

• simplesally
    simplesally

thats for you gumby!

Another time, I was getting into the back seat of a two door car...........had a long jean skirt on, it was a little tight with a big slit up the back. Well, lets just say that slit ended up all the up my backside!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Gumby..............here's a hot mama for ya!

Rats, i couldn't get the link to post.

• gumby
    gumby
    Another time, I was getting into the back seat of a two door car...........had a long jean skirt on, it was a little tight with a big slit up the back. Well, lets just say that slit ended up all the up my backside!

If you could go on talking like this for another 5 minutes.......that would be just fine

(just make somethin up if you have to)

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit