Mentally diseased ANOINTED!

by Normalfulla 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Biahi
    Biahi

Instead of the elders, talk to the police.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Hey jojo what's wrong with a flat earth?

• carla
    carla

It sounds like elder abuse (as in an old person not a jw elder) but because she is a willing victim the cousins hands may be tied. Unless they can declare her mentally unable to handle her affairs she can give all her money to the scam artist and nothing can be done. Sad but true, have seen it in a family situation I am aware of as well, non jw related though. Similar to many families with heroin addicts in the family. The user will beg, steal and tug on heart strings to get money out of family and they don't care who they hurt in the process. They usually have a number of people they go to and make their rounds until everybody wises up and don't allow them in their home until they get help.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Mentally diseased ANOINTED!"

The title says it all. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Mighty V8 - "...what's wrong with a flat earth?"

Works for the Discworld.

• dozy
    dozy

One thing the Society did get right is their pronouncement that most "anointed ones" are a bit wacko - some not too bad , others totally 100% nailed on cuckoo. Some of the GB members included ( yes Stephen Lett - you , for instance. )

We had an older anointed sister in our hall who wore her own hand knitted tea cosys on her head. She had a few cats whom she was convinced would join her when she went to heaven. She was fond of wandering up to any visitors in the KH ( or as she aged , pretty much every member of the congregation ) and pronouncing that "there is something very unusual about me - can you guess what it is". Most tended to indulge her but it did annoy a few cong members , especially JWs around about her age.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There are so many uber cult members who drool over anyone in the Borg who has a title. Anointed, Bethelite, CO, Elder, MS, Pioneer. The list goes on and on.

We have a close friend who absolutely loves anyone higher up at Behel. His tongue drops out of his mouth if anyone higher up is in his presence. He will do ANYTHING for them! Probably give his last dime and last breathe if he had to. It is what he lives for.

Your Aunt probably has the same mentality. Unfortunately, the Elders could care less. Most of them just don't want to get involved. Especially if they are dealing with a dissenter. lol Who knows, maybe the Aunt is giving WT and the congregation money. We know of a well off sister who cuts checks to the congregation whenever they fall short. The Elders don't want to stop the money train. If the sister quits cutting checks, then the Elders are asked to cough it up.

If your Aunt quit giving money so freely or ran out of money, they would stick her in a nursing home and she would never see the JW's again.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I was wondering if notifing the elder opened his eyes that he would get in line for a few "free nuts" for himself.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Annointed people are all mentally disease. Imagine that these folks actually think that God has hand picked them out of all humans to serve as princes by his side. That is some colossal ego. They really really want to be special and crave adulation, so this is their ticket, because nobody can really prove it either way.

Every single "annointed" person I have met is odd in some way.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Anyone have any looney anointed experiences?

Without exception, every person I know who claims/claimed to be of the anointed was known to have mental health or depression issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit