What was your favourite topic when preaching door to door?

by JH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When I was going door to door, I liked talking about the signs of the end, earthquakes, wars, and all the signs that Jesus gave. I liked talking about how the world was doomed and that only the kingdom would set things straight.

What did you like talking about going door to door?

• franklin J
    franklin J

In hindsight, I realize that I must have been a nosy kid going door to door. I was more interested in the house, architecture and landscaping of it than the householder. If I liked what I saw I always managed to work it into the conversation. Suprisingly, most people were very eager to talk about their houses. It was a great icebreaker. The spiritual message I was carrying seems so boring now.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I would talk about their pets or yard landscaping. I would talk about that as long as I could before I had to get to the point. Then all the fun was gone.

• undercover
    undercover

Where we were going to take a break. Oh you meant AT the door, heh heh.

Seriously though, I liked using the paradise. No wars, hunger, disease or death. How can someone not like that?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Revelation 21 vs 4 - -And God will wipe out every tear from thier eye and death will be no more, neither mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore, the former things have passed away

• shotgun
    shotgun

Crime...talking about crime while I cased the house.

• blondie
    blondie

Is this talking to the householder or to the JW with you?

• logansrun
    logansrun

My territory had the best knockers. That always was interesting.

Bradley

**Door knockers, that is.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I usually talked to myself mostly...hoping and praying that no one would answer the door because I never knew what the H**L I was doing out there. Cathy L.

• blondie
    blondie

You know what they say, Cathy, sometimes talking to yourself is the only way to have an intelligent conversation.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit