Was Cynthia Franz ever disfellowshipped?

by breakfast of champions 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie
    Cynthia asked but never got an answer.
  • blondie
    blondie
    It helped when jws wanted to see Ray, they would just say they saw Cynthia to help her out, since she was not df'd, there was no strict danger of being df'd.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks everyone, esp. COMPOUND COMPLEX and BLONDIE for the inside info.

THE DEPRESSED SOUL - I am quite certain that Ray Franz had not a single doubt regarding his decision or a "what-if-they-are-right" moment. But if you are still having those thoughts, I would recommend seeing a therapist or psychologist who specializes in persons who are abused or have PTSD. They won't be able to refute or disprove doctrine, but might be able to help you "rip out" some of the leftover "programming" that is contributing to your doubts regarding TTATT.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Breakfast of Champions - Very good suggestion and reminder.  And, it cannot be overemphasized... What "thedepressedsoul" said about the "What if they're right" moment is normal.  I work with PTSD victims (Veterans).  Trust me.  That feeling you get is similar to what a veteran with PTSD experiences when he hears a car backfire.  I have seen veterans throw themselves into the curb triggered by a loud noise, spontaneously curl up in a ball cause they smelled smoke, and begin to cry unconsolably for no apparent reason.  We all have triggers that will come up once in a while. And, like PTSD, the way it manifest itself will vary based on the person, experience, etc.  There are lots of coping mechanisms and treatments.  And, like PTSD, talking about it helps.  Which is probably why we hang out here ;-) 

Some people cope with this feeling by remembering failed doctrine, prophecies, etc.  For what is worth, when I get that "what if?" feeling I try to remember this - "The JWs have no moral superiority over me.  I do not harbor criminals."  And, remember to laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit