Was Cynthia Franz ever disfellowshipped?

by breakfast of champions 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I seem to remember that she was not ever DFd even though she was present at the fateful meal, but I don't remember where I saw that. It seemed like they specifically targeted Raymond, but Cynthia was left alone.

I tried searching JWN, but the search feature seems to be not working.

Also tried googling the answer, but to no avail.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

In his book he only mentioned himself if I remember correctly. I actually never gave that much thought. I'd be interested to know the answer.

What I have wondered, and I mean this in the best and respectful way, was what his thoughts were right before he died. Did he regret giving up what he had there, did he having something in the back of his mind like, "What if they're right?". I wonder that because I often wonder about myself when that time comes. I feel things have been implanted into our brain so much that it would almost be impossible not to. 

• compound complex
    compound complex
    No, she was not.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Nothing to worry about thedepressedsoul. The WTBTS hasn't been right about anything....... it's a 19th century religion that has incorporated it's corporate polices into it's dogma. 

They are so mistake prone that just their flip flops alone take hours to read.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder
    "What if they're right?". I wonder that because I often wonder about myself when that time comes. I feel things have been implanted into our brain so much that it would almost be impossible not to. - tds

If you think this, it is because of indoctrination not because of rational thought. You don't have to lie if you have the truth. Ray knew that. He chose to die poor and happy with a clean conscience instead of a well-cared-for crook.

-TE

• blondie
    blondie

She was not disfellowshipped although she ate with the same da'd brother Ray did and was df'd. 

Ed Dunlap's wife was not df'd although he was.

Cynthia used to laugh about that.... 

• violias
    violias

I was told by a boe that they are not really concerned about the apostates wives as they feel the wife is just following her husband .  So women don't count if they just follow their husbands. They count if they are the jezebel type , not married ,  etc.  Woman, as in Islam, don't have much status ( chattel )  in the Borg but having an elder husband can offer some protection, which it did in the above cases.  I am assuming that none of the wives mentioned were extremely vocal and active and just followed their husbands lead.  Being vocal ( jezebel type) will get your arse burned.

This is what I was told by a boe who were going after an elder who had the nerve to just walk away from the "truth" . They had no interest in DF'ing the wife as she was just following her husband lead.  

• blondie
    blondie
    Barbara and Joe Anderson were both df'd.  There were several couples during the early 80's that were both df'd.  Definitely not women following their husbands.
  • violias
    violias
    Definitely outspoken woman.  Barbara is my heroine  Borg does not like that. That will put you In the Jezebel group and get you canned.
  • millie210
    millie210

Did anyone ever ask the Org why Cynthia wasnt DFd?

Better question: Did they ever answer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit