What the Fox News Network thinks of the BBC

by Sneaky Russian 47 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

A question to the Brits:

How is the BBC funded? In what way could it be said it has no connections to government or commerce?

Bradley

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

logansrun How is the BBC funded? In what way could it be said it has no connections to government or commerce?

YOU HAVE NAMED THAT TUNE IN ONE --it is full of leftie liberals and funded by the governemnet -- there is absolutely no way it is totally free form bias and political interference

• logansrun
    logansrun

still,

YOU HAVE NAMED THAT TUNE IN ONE --it is full of leftie liberals and funded by the governemnet -- there is absolutely no way it is totally free form bias and political interference

First, define "leftie liberal" for me.

Second, if the BBC is funded by the governement and is politically biased because of this (as you imply) that would mean it would not criticise government action. But, that is exactly what they did and what this thread is all about. That's an inconsistency in your argument.

Bradley

• Badger
    Badger

Balance in the media? ARE YOU F$^% KIDDING ME?!

http://www.bartcop.com/libmedia.htm

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Badger -

You're correct. There is still not balance in the media. It's pretty much FOX News against the rest of the media. Very imbalanced, indeed. Thanks for noticing and helping our cause.

growedup

• logansrun
    logansrun

growedup,

You're correct. There is still not balance in the media. It's pretty much FOX News against the rest of the media. Very imbalanced, indeed. Thanks for noticing and helping our cause.

Have you considered the possibility that the "rest" of the media is simply at the political center and FOX is far to the right thus giving the illusion of a "liberal" media?

B.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup
    Have you considered the possibility that the "rest" of the media is simply at the political center and FOX is far to the right thus giving the illusion of a "liberal" media?

Yes, I have. And I have come to the conclusion that this is a fallacy. IMHO, the left has gotten away with running the media for decades. In fact, they have pretty much gotten away with running the politics in developed countries over the past several decades. It is my contention that the firestorm over FOX News is that the left is a bit ticked for this becoming glaringly obvious - and they don't like the fact that many public opinions are changing as a result of the information that FOX News is not afraid to carry. It's a turf war. Personally, I think the more attention the left gives to FOX - whether it is positive or negative attention - only serves to ensure that FOX is here to stay. To me, I see no difference between those who try to stifle what Fox has to say, with the WT trying to stifle what the 'apostates' have to say. Without FOX, the rest of the media could not be held accountable for their content - just as without 'apostates' the WT can not be held accountable for their content. If you choose to look at FOX's presence as "healthy" - whether you agree with it's news content or not - then I think you will be on the right track.

Just my .02

growedup

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

My friends inform me that the BBC is funded by license fee's.

Each household with a television must pay £110 every year.

• Matty
    Matty

Since I came over here I am totally astounded by the propaganda channel called Fox News. How people can believe that the stuff they spew out as balanced journalism is totally beyond me. It's very clear that the owner of the channel has a very clear agenda, and forces it within the programming. You can't run a news channel like this, Murdoch clearly stifles any dissenting ideas from his own beliefs - it reminds me of the Watchtower Society!

Click here to find out why.

• Englishman
    Englishman

For some strange reason that defies sanity, we get Fox News over here. It is appalling. It is biased, flag waving tosh. It's total crap.

Now, I'm sure that this cannot be the main news channel of the USA. Regretably, the only other USA news channel we get is CNN, which, whilst more reasonable, leaves me with a sneaky feeling that it's specially for Europe even though the presenters are mainly Americans.

Hell, even Alan F said "Hey, you get this shit over here!" when he was sat in my front room whilst the telly was on and I showed him Fox.

Re the BEEB. It's dropped a clanger here OK with it's lack of care in checking out Gilligan's stories. That's OK, maybe it needed to be shaken out of it's complacency.

BTW, anyone with a colour TV HAS to pay the BBC £116 per year, whether they watch the BBC or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/licencefee/

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit