Will there be winter in the new system?

by Atilla 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

So much snow this winter, but it reminds me of the silly conversations we would have out in service about conditions in the new system. This one guy, who thought he knew everything because he had been to bethel and had been pioneering since the 9th grade, was positive that there would be no winter in the new system. His reasoning was that since the whole earth would be made into a paradise with perfect conditions, there would be no real cold places like Russia or even central Pennsylvania. I think this guy even tried to show me some scripture that backed up his claim-something he had learned at Bethel I guess. Did anyone else ever hear anything like this or any other crazy ideas about the future?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yep, heard that but:

"Jehovah is opening his hand and satisfying the desire of every living thing." Some folks love winter. To them winter is paradise. They desire winter. And then there was something about there being seasons in the paradise...a scripture about it. Where would the penguins and polar bears live?

Heather

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Atilla, can you say, "Cold day in Hell"....?

Frannie B

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

When I was a little boy, I always wondered if people will still fart in the new system. And would they smell bad, or perhaps would they smell like perfume, because we would be perfect.

And the other thing was - what it a ton of bricks fell on you in the new system? Would you die? and maybe wake up the next day after being resurrected? Or would we all be like Superman and be impenetrable? So we just climb out from under the bricks like Jake and Elwood did.

(Attilla--> Azt a szegeny kis gyerek.....)

Pope

• Purple
    Purple

So you still believe that this system will end and will be replaced by a new one hey...oh deprogramers....................... you still love a god that would slaughter millions of innocent people just becuase they choose to use their free will that was supposed to be a gift to be used as you wanted in the first place??????

• houdini
    houdini

Of course there has to be winter and snow in the new system, if there is such a thing.

We are promised that it will be paradise, but if I'm going to be there, which i doubt according to most JW's, then it wouldn't be a paradise without snow and skiing down the majestic mountians of the alps.

• cypher50
    cypher50

I hate people who try to 'prove' idiocy like this...he doesn't even take into account that many feel that winter is a beautiful time of year. I for one love watching snow cover everything in site...he probably also thinks that it won't rain in the 'new system'.

Boy, I have only disassociated myself a month & a half ago and I am already laughing at the craziness that I discussed while I was a Witness.

• Undecided
    Undecided

The blanket of moisture is going to come back like it was in the Garden Of Eden to cause the earth to be warm all around(and eyeryone will get naked again) and the ice will melt on the polor regions, there will be no more rainbow and there will be so much more room on the land since the oceans will dry up again, like before the flood. The rivers will be fed from springs etc, etc. Don't y'all remember anything?

Ken P.

PS: I just added that bit about the oceans.

• City Fan
    City Fan

I think we only appreciate warm sunny days and fresh cold white winter days because of all the grey rainy days in between.

To live forever in the 'physical' world just doesn't make sense. Think of all the things that god would have to change. Like Pope said:

what it a ton of bricks fell on you in the new system? Would you die?

I think I read somewhere that if we did have the ability to live forever then the average life expectancy would still only be around 600 years, because of deaths by accidents (travel, work, DIY etc). Now granted accidents in a 'new system' would be different but would still happen. (What about falling off a ladder whilst picking all that fruit). So god would have to stop these accidents or at least protect us from them. But wouldn't that make us a bit blase about it, a bit like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day who keeps killing himself over and over because he knows he'll simply wake up again in the morning.

Looking at the larger picture of the universe then at the moment god seems to have to obey the laws of physics. The rotation of the Earth is gradually slowing, the moon is moving away from the Earth, the Sun is losing energy and will one day die, and the universe will eventually expand into a dark, lifeless empty void. These processes too would have to stop for life to exist forever on the Earth.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Cypher50, I would have to concur with you. I absolutely love the silence of the soft white snow falling and covering everything. The noise of traffic and people outside nearly come to a standstill for awhile, while we meditate along with the earth. It is my most favorite time of the year as well.

Time seems to slow way down ...People are made to "accept the quiet" and to "reflect" and "ponder". In the madness of this world, many tend to keep as busy as they can, so they don't have to "listen" to the stirrings inside them.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit