Will there be winter in the new system?

by Atilla 21 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I always wondered if we were going to be perfect again, would we be naked after 1,000 years. If so, then I guess there could be no winter!

I always use to hear in Bethel about space exploration and all the time we would have, but then, what about the pollution that going int spce creates?

• Sargon
    Sargon

We couldn't have a paradise earth without pond hockey!!

• TD
    TD

That's got to be one of the better examples of doublethink within the JW community. They will point to the hollow hair shafts of the polar bear and the fact that trees make their own antifreeze and any number of other cold weather adaptations as evidence of a wise Creator and then turn around and say that winter was not part of the Creator's original plan.

Of course this is not surprising coming from a group that points to symbiotic relationships like that of the shark/cleaner fish, sea anemone/clown fish, etc. as evidence of Jehovah's wisdom and then turns around and says that predation was never part of the Creator's original plan.

• shotgun
    shotgun

That's how it starts..with a nuclear winter

• Funchback
    Funchback

The real question should be: WILL THE MEETING STILL GET CANCELLED IF IT SNOWS IN THE NEW SYSTEM???

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    When I was a little boy, I always wondered if people will still fart in the new system. And would they smell bad, or perhaps would they smell like perfume, because we would be perfect.

And the other thing was - what it a ton of bricks fell on you in the new system? Would you die? and maybe wake up the next day after being resurrected? Or would we all be like Superman and be impenetrable? So we just climb out from under the bricks like Jake and Elwood did.

LMAO!

Such ponderous questions as these, makes one (such as me) regret that JW family doesn't speak with them.

Perhaps when they come to my door I can pose them?

BTW: Still digging that hat, Pope.

• Atilla
    Atilla

So, is everyone saying I shouldn't throw out my winter clothing just yet? I do think I will eventually move somewhere warmer though, maybe like Maui or Valencia in Spain.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Is God going to tilt the earths axis back from 23.5 degrees from the perpendicular to the exact perpendicular to do away with saesons - I doubt it

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I always secretly worried about the naked part and hoped that God was kind enough to wait until we were all perfect before implementing THAT rule! Outside of not wanting to bare all before my own personal perfection was reached, I just wasn't sure I really wanted to look at anybody else in the altogether. Then there's that snow and ice thing . . .

Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore!

Nina

• Sassy
    Sassy

I always figured that the seasons would be moderate. The seasons are beautiful but just difficult when too cold... too hot..

of course now I don't think there will be a new system so the point is mute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit