Are Jehovah's Witnesses becoming a brand name?

by truthseeker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Ever since the Society split into 3 corporations back in October 2000, it seems to me that the phrase "Published by Jehovah's witnesses" is appearing on almost every publication they produce, as opposed to the old "Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Pennsylvania"

Last week, I was looking on the back of the new "Learn from the Great Teacher" CD folder. It suddenly occured to me, that this religion really is a business. Consider what they currently produce...

Books

Magazines

Brochures

Maps

Cassettes

Cd's

DVD's

MP3's

Blood ID cards

Video's

Is there anything else? Their brand name is well known, at least when people see us calling at their doors.

What will we get next? Watchtower toilet roll, Watchtower cornflakes, Watchtower cheese?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good post, Thanks!

Book publishers? Certainly! But the Watch Tower Inc. has also cleverly and quietly moved into the real estate development and investment property business. Seeking donations and gifts and real estate development looks like the new product.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Truthseeker: Yes, I agree, they are a brand name, and have been for many decades ... perhaps in a way since their beginning ... and the name "Jehovah" is their logo and trademark ... and they have a captive customer base called by the same brand name ... I wish I could get 6,000,000 people to spend just a $1.00 per month to read my posts, ech and every month, for fear displeasing God ... now that is an idea!

• dustyb
    dustyb

as a corporation, they also have millions of dollars of stock in United States defense equipment companies and such. naughty baby =D

• Purple
    Purple

They what???????? Ha I didn't know they had split into three corporations. What does that mean?? I think just by the fact that you use the word corporation that means business!

• blondie
    blondie
    I wish I could get 6,000,000 people to spend just a $1.00 per month to read my posts, ech and every month, for fear displeasing God

I get paid for mine....

Blondie

• peacebaby
    peacebaby

What are the 3 corporate entities? 1] Publishing corp. 2] Legal firm? 3] Real Estate?

There must be some other little businesses that thrive from JW's - I used to go to 'leather parties' [not as much fun as what you're thinkin'!] where a lady(non- JW) would bring sale displays of book bags, leather & vinyl book & Bible covers, briefcases, purses, etc. Some of the items were exclusively for JW's, like WatchTower holders(with firm backing so one could high-lite with confidence), covers for the smaller BS books and leather service folders with pockets for pens, return visit slips and territory card. LOL! What am I gonna do with mine now?! They had back-packs, too, which made me of Mormons....

They could go into flashlight sales...no, wait - not a good idea........ "Durn thing jest keeps flashin' off an' on an' off an' on - I want my money back!"

Peace! P-Baby

• dustyb
    dustyb

reminds me of high school. we actually decided to name and market a product after one of our friends. it was named arbuckble brand. we marketed, distributed and such arbuckle brand swauve, deodorant, hair spray, unibrow gel, and numerous other products. fate it seems that we failed miserably, but it was good fun =D

• shotgun
    shotgun

they dress up most of the products offered to the public....The rank and file JW's would buy anyhing from the FDS...It could be labelled Watchtower Crap...they would still buy it..it must be good crap...Gods sole channel for crap...

I still go to the occasional meeting and marvel at the crap everyone spouts and don't even bother to think what comes out of their pie holes.

For instance in the last two months I heard these comments

When Noah is resurrected we can ask him how many times the Ark circled the globe before it came to rest on Mt Ararat....I had often thought to start out where he did and show up a year later in almost the same spot was totally Impossible...not according to WT crap

In the bookstudy a bro asked are all the GB of the annointed, the two elders running the show looked at each other and talked it over and then decided yes they must be, no one knew for sure.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Governing Body Date of birth
    John Barr (b. 1913)
    Carey Barber (b. 1905)
    Milton Henschel (b. August 9, 1920) (Died March 22, 2003)
    Samuel Herd (b. 1935)
    Theodore Jaracz (b. 1925)
    Karl Klein (b. 1905) (Died January 3, 2001}
    Steve Lett (b. 1949)
    Gerrit Losch (b. 1941)
    Guy Pierce (b. 1934)
    Albert Schroeder (b. 1911)
    David Splane (b. 1944)
    Lyman Swingle (b. 1910) (Died March 14, 2001)
    Daniel Sydlik (b. 1919)

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (Incorporated 1884)
    President Don A. Adams
    Vice Presidents Robert W. Wallen, William F. Malenfant
    Secretary/Treasurer Richard E. Abrahamson
    Directors Danny L. Bland, Philip D. Wilcox, John N. Wischuk

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (Incorporated 1909)
    President Max H. Larson
    Vice Presidents George M. Couch, Lonnie R. Schilling
    Secretary/Treasurer Gerald F. Simonis
    Directors Gerald D. Grizzle, David G. Sinclair, Robert M. Pevy

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)
    President William L. Van De Wall
    Vice Presidents Charles I. Woody, Leon Weaver, Jr.
    Secretary/Treasurer William H. Nonkes
    Directors Harold K. Jackson, Merton V. Campbell, Stanley F. Weigel

Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)
    President Patrick J. LaFranca
    Vice Presidents Peter D. Molchan, Ralph E. Walls
    Secretary/Treasurer Joseph D. Mercante
    Directors Marvin G. Smalley, Kenneth J. Pulcifer, Eugene D. Rosam, Jr.

Kingdom Support Services, Inc. (Incorporated 2000)
    President Harold L. Corkern
    Vice Presidents Alan D. Janzen, Robert L. Butler
    Secretary/Treasurer Alexander W. Reinmueller
    Directors James F. Mantz, Jr., Thomas Kalimeris, Alan G. Browning

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New Jersey, Inc. (Incorporated 1955)
    President Charles V. Molohan
    Vice Presidents James L. Bauer, J. Richard Brown
    Secretary/Treasurer Alan K. Flowers
    Directors Allen E. Shuster, David L. Walker, Vernon C. Wisegarver

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Florida, Inc. (Incorporated 1986)
    President Leonard R. Pearson
    Vice Presidents Alejandro G. Rodriguez, Maurice C. Turcot
    Secretary/Treasurer Mark L. Questell
    Directors Jim Moody, Sr., Anselm J. Packnett, Donald R. Krebs

Valley Farms Corporation (Incorporated 1987)
    President Charles J. Rice
    Vice Presidents Kent E. Fischer, Robert L. Rains
    Secretary/Treasurer Albert L. Harrell
    Directors John R. Strandberg, Samuel D. Buck, Louis A. Travis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit