CITY CITY !!! ... comeback kings !

by Simon 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I would LOVE it if we beat them, LOVE it I would, really LOVE it

Good grief.

He said that when he was manager of Newcastle United and wanted to beat Man U in the league!!!

He didn't.

Englishman.

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

Mike,

Yes that's the place!

Unfortunately there wasn't time when Julie and Alan were in town. Did take take them to a decent pub or two though, in fact they stayed in a pretty good one, but nowhere near Taps quality!. Taps house mild and bitter are brewed by Titanic in Staffordshire - phenomenally good. Also Lytham railway station has a great pub which also had a ton of good cask beers including one called Rosie Nosie (5.2 % I think) and a fine selection of Scotches - so it was a fun trip beer and otherwise!

Here is a 360 panoramic view of it (you have to find the actual link inside here)

http://www.sugarvine.com/search/location_search.asp?town=Lytham

How are things in Somerset? Speaking of which Taps also has cider on draft but I didn't manage to try that - next time!

All the best,

David

• Simon
    Simon
    He said that when he was manager of Newcastle United and wanted to beat Man U in the league!!!

Yeah, I know

He didn't.

Yeah, I know

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Re: Underdogs in the City / United match:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle (relative unknowns) became the nemesis of Glasgow Rangers (top of the Scottish Premier Division, at the time).
    Truth is stranger than fiction and hope springs eternal.

• City Fan
    City Fan

City will beat Utd.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I remember that..Dennis Law!

Wasn't it in '72?

Hadn't Man U sold Dennis Law to Man City, then Law scored for City and consigned United to the second division?

Englishman.

• Latte
    Latte
    The miserable memories of assemblies at this stadium are the be gone forever!!! Let's hope that they build a few more curry restaurants there!! LOL
    Demolition begins at Maine Road
    Manchester's Maine Road stadium End of an era for Manchester's Maine Road
    Work is to begin on the demolition of Manchester City Football Club's former home ground.

The club played their last game at the Maine Road stadium in Rusholme in May 2003, before moving to their new home at The City of Manchester Stadium.

Contractors began preparing for the demolition last November, stripping the stadium of seats, carpets and fittings.

Developers plan to regenerate the area, building around 300 new houses and community facilities.

Opportunity for regeneration

Councillor Richard Leese said: "As a City fan it will be a melancholy occasion for me but the club have a fantastic new home in the City of Manchester Stadium, which has been a major spur to the regeneration of East Manchester.

"In a different way, the Maine Road site provides an excellent opportunity to boost the regeneration of Moss Side and Rusholme."

He added: "This famous stadium may be being demolished, but this development will play a major part in making this area an even more successful, welcoming and vibrant community."

The proposals include plans for 300 new homes plus community buildings with health care facilities at their core.

The housing will be aimed at a wide variety of occupiers, ranging from large family units to accommodation for elderly people.

Demolition work is due to be completed by late summer.

UNITED...UNITED...UNITED!!!!

(Simon won't notice this...I'm sure...he he he)

• City Fan
    City Fan

Eman,

It was '74. Dennis Law didn't want to score against his old team, as it would have sent United into the second division so when the ball came to him he simply back heeled it. Unfortunately for him he back heeled it straight into the bottom corner of the net. He was distraught and United were relegated.

He played a couple of times for Scotland at the World Cup that year then retired.

Happy days.

• Angharad
    Angharad

LOL Latte

I met Simon at Main Road

• Xena
    Xena
    I'm just being inconsistent

some people say the same thing about God, so at least you are in good company Simon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit