Atlantis

2019 December BRD Newsletter

2019-S-1-E-Congregation Field Service And Meeting Attendance Report

2019-S-147-19-12 Announcements And Reminders

Petra!
  • HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Thanks for this Petra!

So weekday meeting attendance is so bad they don't bother counting it anymore. And we never had had a lot of visitors so i see they acknowledge public talks being slanted towards the publishers... End must be getting close...

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

HiddenPimo:

End must be getting close

---------------------------------

Yes, the masters of:.... Close any day now!....Just around the corner!....Soon!....Only months away!....Pack your bags!,,,,Get in the Bunker!....Don't trip on the overlapping liquor bottles Tony left on the floor!

Petra!

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

As opposed to how Newly Interested Ones - RUSH to Midweek meetings?

What a JOKE!

Just OWN that no one but Born-Ins come to meetings, and its hard to even keep them coming!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

For obvious reasons the following announcement is intended for elders only:

"2. In some most congregations, few newly interested ones are present at the weekend meeting. In such cases, the speaker may adapt the public talk to encourage the publishers in the congregation."

If there's soo much Gawd-Damn growth in the JW conregatiions...why soo few newly interested ones attending meetings? By this announcement WT, in a way, explains/admits why there's congregation mergers, Kingdom Hall sell-offs and why there wouldn't/shouldn't be hardly any new Kingdom Halls being built.

This organization shoots itself in the foot soo many times and in soo many ways!

Thank you Petra...love your long hair BTW!

• LV101
    LV101

The cult and the secret elders' letters/announcements are the gifts that keep on giving - thx for the shares, Petra.

Bet the cult leaders really imbibe during the holiday season as they celebrate their opulent lifestyle. No visitors in halls - ahh, the gift of the internet we all give thanks too.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm a bit confused (as usual).

Comments here relate to the "weekday" meetings (I am assuming Tue, Wed, Thur). But as I read the letter, the reference is made to the weekend meeting (I am assuming Sat or Sun).

It mentions the Public Talk, which is not given during the weekday meetings but on the weekend and if there are no new ones in attendance, then there is some flexibility to modify the talk outline as needed.

Am I not reading this properly?

Rub a Dub

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

My main take-away from this announcement RubaDub is that if newly interested ones are hardly attending the weekend Public Talks & Watchtower Study meetings then there are far, far fewer newly interested ones attending midweek meetings. It has always been the case that weekend meetings always had highest attendance figures. So if weekend meetings are hurting attendance wise...then midweek meetings in a lot of congregations must be a ghost-town...cause not only are newly interested ones not attending...many of the rank & file must be absent as well!

This is truly something to laugh about!🤣🤣🤣

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The talk is already for witnesses. Any explanation of doctrine is long gone. I never could figure how it was a public talk except being open to anyone. Same for the study WT, all aimed at inside people.

Goes along with the book: " What did the bible really used to teach".

• Room 215
    Room 215

Very interesting. It's been some time since they've abandoned the focus on information to the general public in their Sunday talk subjects in favor of "reaching to the choir."

Tme was when we speakers were counseled not to lace our public talk with esoteric JW jargon ("theospeak") that would not be understood by the uninitiated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit