JW visit...after 12 years out

by Nobleheart1 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nobleheart1
    Nobleheart1

Thanks so much for the answers so far.

Wantingtruth - I'll definitely consider some of those points.

Enoughisenough - No mention of 1914 or 607, it is so simple and no calculations about anything related to the end.

Thanks for suggesting that thread.

Joe - I think I'll avoid that if I want the convos to continue :)

Vander - thanks for the excellent questions. You know the discussion is so basic that I wonder when I can even approach that level with them without scaring them off ... I'm playing dumb to keep playing the game.

WING - Yepp, out 12 years and this forum was instrumental in my quick exit. So thankful for all of you!

I am also shocked at how the spiritual food has evaporated. I was also born in the '80s, we used to say the FDS dispenses food at proper time, milk being for new ones and meat for mature Christians. I see nowadays that food consists of starving rations of baby formula. What a joke!

Diogenesister - Questions...okay keeping that in mind.

Careful - I'll keep this up as long as possible. I want them to spend time with me. Get them to think outside the box. My only fear is her bringing along someone who knew me. In that case, I'll check them from the peephole and pretend I'm not home :)

Carla - Thank you :) , wish you well, too.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

If JW life is the best life ever. And spiritual food now represents the real food that's gonna be in new system. Means everyone gonna go round depressed and starving in new system 😁

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The best life ever,,,wasting your life for some "fantasy's"" life in the future.

Go figure.

Welcome back noble.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Vanderhoven, a further comment based on your point 2d:

Witnesses teach that blood represents life.

"Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends. " (John 15:13)

How could this not be a scriptural command to donate blood?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And you can donate blood over and over again without having to die for it giving quality of life back to God knows how many people .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Nobleheart1

Isn`t it generally recognized by scholars nowadays that the pronunciation of God`s name is more correctly to be YAHWEH ? or something similar ?

Why do Jehovah`s Witnesses still insist on the name JEHOVAH that is more likely to be in error ?

Shouldn`t they correct themselves if they truly want to speak the truth ?

Or do they want to keep promoting a falsehood ?

There was no J sounding letter in their language as I understand it .

I wish you well and success in your endeavor to wake somebody up with your anti-witnessing.

Take care.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The problem is that most of them aren't even AWARE of these points anymore, or how to answer them. They got rid of the "little brown brother" a long time ago, they're just robot sales people now, it's all about conformance, not substance.

So ask them a difficult question, the first thing they'll ask is where did you find that and a canned answer that if it's not in the app, it's not acceptable. Why, because that's what we learn. Substance we grew up with has gone, nobody remembers it, everyone with a shred of knowledge and decency has left the org.

• NewLight99
    NewLight99

The 3 topics I often raise are:

1) Revelation 7 says that the 144000 are taken from the 12 tribes of Israel. Israel either has to be ‘natural Israel’ (Jews) or ‘spiritual Israel’. If the 144000 are taken from ‘spiritual Israel’ then who are the remaining ones (not part of the 144000)?

2) There is a question in the ‘Bible Questions’ section on the website that asks: “Has the Bible been changed or tampered with?”. The answer is no. This contradicts the belief that the Divine Name was removed from the NT!

3) if Jesus is not mediator for the Great Crowd (see Mediator in Insight link), how can they pray ‘in Jesus’ name?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''3) if Jesus is not mediator for the Great Crowd (see Mediator in Insight link), how can they pray ‘in Jesus’ name? ''

I've often wondered this myself.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I wonder how many active JW's actually know the organisation's teaching that 'Jesus is not a mediator for the great crowd'?

I just asked my folks who have been in the wt religion since the 1960's - one of whom has been an elder for over 40 years and they didn't have a clue about this teaching!

I had to prove it to them by showing it to them from wt's own publications.

They were not happy and became defensive, troubled and worried...

It's the line I am going to take with every JW I meet from now on who tries to preach to me!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit