Were You Ever "Marked" or Shunned?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

"Marking" is very rare. Marking for being inactive would defeat the whole purpose of trying to shame a person into changing their course by stopping association. If you grew a beard, you would most likely either be considered "weak' or one who has an acne problem. But remember something----if the elders want to mark you (or the cong.) they'll do it whether it's valid or not.

• Sassy
    Sassy

well those who were my close friends for that past many years who are JWs have marked me.. and my mom. I'm not Dfd or Da'd officially but I told them personally I was stopping my JW activities... Since then my JW friends are no longer in my life.. and my mother only emails me about the weather from time to time.. no longer calls.. or chatting emails.. so by their actions of course I am being shunned.

• Xena
    Xena
    That's because you are a warrior princess who flounces around in an unfeasibly short leather mini skirt!

You make one series and your marked for life

• Agnes
    Agnes

Even though my husband & I have never ben JW's we are shunned to a degree by family members who are in. They are only fooling themselves if they think it will change our minds and make us consider joing! NEVER!

Agnes

• Sassy
    Sassy
    That's because you are a warrior princess who flounces around in an unfeasibly short leather mini skirt!

if that is what you did Xena.. I like your style..

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was on public reproof. I had just returned after having drifted away for a yr or so. I had a meeting w the elders, confessing my bit of wild living. I also, later, told a few others a bit about it, and so for letting that out, they felt they had no choice but to announce a public reproof.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit