1914 + 120 = 2034?

by Cameron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron
    Cameron

Has anyone heard (or seen) any comments from Witnesses about the December 15, 2003 Watchtower that seems to be to be pointing to 2034 as possible date for the end of this system of things?

Don

• badboy
    badboy

It appears that some R interpeting things in that way.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Don,

Follow this link...it's been discussed already.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/64960/1.ashx

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

And if it produces increased meeting attendance or better field service or more magazines being placed -- the WTBTS will do nothing to discourage the speculation -- 1975 all over again

• jgnat
    jgnat

Discussed here, too. For a minute there, Yerusalym, I had thought you had found the same one!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/61661/1.ashx

*tsk* *tsk* You know better than to set dates. The CO said in his recent visit that there is to be NO SPECULATION ABOUT DATES. One knows what kind of trouble THAT can lead to. I guess he must have been alive in '75.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Yeah one hand they say "Don't speculate" then they say.

(paraphrased)

Hey! the time of the end began for Noah's worl in 2490 B.C.E. How long did noah have to preach before the end came? Why he had 120 years. Then the end came.

What about us? Why its some 90 years since 1914 when the last days of this system began. We certainly are in the "time of the end" How should we respond to the warnings? Now is the time to do Jehovah's will with a keen sense of urgency.

Jehovah has warned us through the "faithful and discrete slave"

The flood was remote from our day. It clearly provides a warning that we must not ignore.

You can hear the JW's little minds ticking over. Noah's "time of the end" began 2490, lasted 120 years, then end came.

Our "time of the end" began 1914. Respond to warnings. Sense of urgency. Warnings came from Jehovah through FDS. Warning we should not ignore. Noah had 120. Lets see 90 years from 1914, , that must mean we have 30 years left to go, takes us to 2034/5. AARRGHH!!

But I'm not speculating!!

• Dawn
    Dawn

Only problem with this reasoning is that the 607 BCE date is wrong.....so 1914 is incorrect....argh!! I just want to scream out loud in a Kingdom Hall..HELLO!! PICK UP AN ENCYCLOPEDIA WOULD YOU?!

• dustyb
    dustyb

not just 607 is wrong, but the whole way they get to 1914 is wrong. they use daniel chapter 4 which i think is inaccurate, and you can't even calculate the coming of Christ until it happens. its kinda like predicting the future ya know....

• jws
    jws

So are we back to a generation thing again? I think somewhere in Genesis, it says God sets the days of man to 120 years. I think it's right after the tale of the flood. I thought it was 100 years from the time Noah was told to build the ark until he went into it, not 120.

So is the 120 years dealing with a maximum lifespan? I know a friend of mine went to some non-JW Bible class and they told him that 120 is the longest a human can live, never mind the record is older than 120.

If 120 is a lifespan, then are they still trying to squeeze something out of the old generation doctrine which I thought they had dropped. Did they realize that caused too many to drop away and are saying "wait, let's rethink this, maybe a generation is a lifetime again, but a lifetime isn't 70 or 80 years, it's 120 according to Genesis"?

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

I'll be 74 years old. I don't think I'll really care by then. With the number of young people dropping like flies, I doubt there will be anyone ELSE around to care, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit