1914 + 120 = 2034?

by Cameron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

Yes, I heard people mention 2034 during the meeting. Kind of scary that people would fall into the trap so fast and easily. Of course, this can?t be good news to all of the older sisters who have lost husbands and children to this wicked system of things and are waiting for the new system to laugh in their faces.

The 607 BC date has been mentioned a few times, in past topics, and could be recapped by SCHOLAR if you want to listen to the party line (JW). I think that he has proof of that date that he will not share with us.

• blondie
    blondie

jws, according to the WTS, the lifespan of humans was just under 1,000 years before the flood. Methusaleh lived to be 969 years old per Genesis.

So is the 120 years dealing with a maximum lifespan?

Your instructor might have been thinking of people born after the flood.

Blondie

• undercover
    undercover
    I think that he(Scholar) has proof of that date that he will not share with us.

LMAO. That's a great line.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Blondie, Didn't Methusaleh die the year OF the flood? Do ya think he missed the boat and did the big bubble up?

The problem the Witnesses (and other groups as well) have with using the flood story in a real way, is prooving The Flood ever happened. I have never seen their proof. Has anybody? I MEAN REAL proof, not just claims and smoke and mirrors. GaryB

• blondie
    blondie

Supposedly, Gary, he died before the flood came so he has the "hope of the resurrection" according to the WTS. Only those actually executed during the flood are dead, dead, dead. Sounds familiar, doesn't it. That is what they say about now, people who die before the big A will be resurrected, but not those "executed" during.

I think he was Noah's grandfather.

Lamech, Noah's dad, lived 777 years, dying about five years before the Flood.

Blondie
  • garybuss
    garybuss

So, the living bad people will be killed at Armageddon by God, and the dead bad people will be recreated in a perfect replica body after Armageddon by God? And two of every animal on the planet fit in a home made wooden boat? And snakes CAN really talk? And GIANTS really walked the earth? And there really are ghosts and they do serve as directors for a book publishing corporation in the United States?

• jws
    jws

Blondie wrote:

jws, according to the WTS, the lifespan of humans was just under 1,000 years before the flood. Methusaleh lived to be 969 years old per Genesis. Your instructor might have been thinking of people born after the flood.

Actually, this thinking comes from Genesis 6:2, before the flood. OK, so maybe this didn't apply to people already born. Not my interpretation since the oldest person in modern times lived past 120.

As far as whether or not there was a flood, I was watching something on some cable channel. Might have been Discovery channel or might have been PBS. There seems to be some evidence of a local flood in the middle east and thinking was this was the basis for the tale of the flood. But that the flood wasn't global. Let's say for hypothetical purposes that there was a local flood coming and God wanted to save the local wildlife that evolved so he made Noah build an ark. Saving 2 of every kind of animal in the area affected would be a lot more reasonable and I have a lot easier time believing they all fit on this giant boat than 2 of every kind of animal in the world.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Just for the hell of it, I typed in 'ARMAGEDDON 2034" into MS search engine.

There are Pages of idiots other than the wbts that predict 2034 as the end time, as they call it.

There is another site that lists all the predictions by date, starting in the 1800's.

Out of all these, the wbts holds the record of failed prophesys. They were mentioned many times and laughingly so.

Good for their rep. huh?

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit