Do you fear a final judgement?

by fearnotruth22 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Fear,Do a search on "Pascal's Wager"You will find it interesting,it will answer your question.

Blueblades

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Fearno, you seem to be overly interested in the subject of a final judgment.....are U okay, chere? Worried about your standing with the almighty?

Frannie B

• heathen
    heathen

To many people judgement is simply a death sentence which we have to deal with the possiblities of our own death everday . I do not believe that people are tortured beyond death like many believe in a firey hell . I sure don't care to be duped by any freaky religionists out there so where would that leave me ? I am willing to accept what God has to offer in any regard . I see so much evil in the world and definately won't accuse God of being unjust .

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Blue thanks for the reference. Much appreciated. Would be a great Topic

• Purple
    Purple

Well its like this. Suppossedly this god omnipotent being gace us the gift of free will to use as we freely wanted to...as long as we do what he says, when he says and how his so called organisation on earth tells us too. If we choose to exercise said free will we are condemed. If we exercise said free will and do what he says his way we will live forever so long as once we stay faithful until the end of this system, then still stay faithful when the big test comes even though most fall away, we will be rewarded with everlasting life to do exactly what we are told to do , when he says to do it and be happy about it because we wont know any different. WE would be controlled puppets in a perfect world.

I would rather live my life on my own terms with the people whom I choose to be with, helping when and where I want to, not hurting anyone and showing love to all, doing my best to help as many as I can, even strangers and those who I have nothing in common with or have the same set of beliefs. If I am condemed for that well then what kind of god is it? Isn't that all a human can aspire to?

• Flash
    Flash

Fear? Not in a morbid sense. I want to be approved and do my best to live by God's standards. I am not a follower of men, so you wont see me at the KH. I do believe the Witnesses have the most correct understanding of the bible, but not 100% correct. I believe they are God's people, but they're also zealots, something I don't believe God expects from those who worship Him and see nothing in the bible to support it. Rather, the opposite, the bible stresses the safeguarding of our thinking abilities, the use of discernment, the acquiring of knowledge and wisdom and guarding our heart (because it can't be totally trusted).

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Flash, you show a real preoccupation with FearNoTruth. One might even think you are twins or at least very close friends.

• shera
    shera

I believe in a higher power,I just no longer believe "all" of what "religion" teaches of God.

I seek and I am waiting,I try to be the best person I can be and will see what happens.I'm not perfect and that is not my fault or anyones.Not my fault Adam and Eve at the damn fruit.

Oop forgot to say,I was in fear for too many yrs after I left the jw's.Made me ill at times.Not doing that to myself anymore.So,no fear.

LOOOOOVEEEEE people LOOOOVe .

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Doesn't seem like I give much thought to a final judgement. But at times, I feel that I'd rather be safe than sorry. But I also believe/feel that either "God is Love" or He's a liar. And why would he bother to lie to us?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Oh, yes! And WELCOME BARBI!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit