"Just When I Thought I Was Out....."

by undercover 14 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

"....they pull me back in"

Anybody ever felt like that? Not leaving the Mafia but that you think you have completed a fade-away from the WTS only to have elders and family start hounding you all over again?

This is my first minimus type question/post.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

No. It's been almost two years and I don't think they've noticed I left.

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I have. Thanks sweetie.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well undercover. They must think you are worth one more attempt. It's easier to bring back a "weak" one than to convert a new one.

Are you having doubts?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Undercover, LOL! No, I guess I kind of thought they all might try that, so it was why I took the quick route.........DF'd................out..............it's been aggravating enough to have my mom keep trying..........every once in a while she'll ask "the question", or encourage me to come to the memorial or the special talk.................

Terri

• Sassy
    Sassy
    This is my first minimus type question/post.

we can always use Minimus type posts!!

Undercover.. I understand how you feel. I worry that I will slide back only because it would be easy to do so to have family back. There are so many ways they try to suck you back in..

You just have to remind yourself of why you left.. When I feel myself giving into something I told myself not to do again, I try to forget the good things that as time goes on you might get nostaligic about.. I focus on the reasons I made my choice in the first place.. I.e., say not going back to an old boyfriend.. why did I leave in the first place?? everytime I went back immediately I got hit in the face.. OH YEAH.. this is why I left him!! Well I am going to try and keep that in mind if I think about being pulled back into the WTS because of missing family and friends.. Yes I would gain them back.. but OH YEAH.. these are the reasons I left! I think it would be harder to leave again.. or at least just as traumatic.. I am going to work hard to hold the ground I have to stay out.

• minimus
    minimus

That's your best question/post yet!

• undercover
    undercover
    Are you having doubts?

Am I having doubts about having doubts? LOL. No, I know what you mean. I know the WTS is full of BS. I guess what I'm trying to say is that after over a year of being "out", I start getting calls and "we miss you's" and pressure from family. I guess that's the downside to fading. Every once in a while someone is going to pop up out of the past and bring up issues that we thought were settled. You start to settle into a "normal" life and somebody wants to dredge up the past or "encourage" you.

I worry that I will slide back only because it would be easy to do so to have family back. There are so many ways they try to suck you back in..

Yes, I guess it could be easier to just go through the motions at the hall just to have those family ties. But going through the motions to me is the same as lying to yourself. I won't nor can't do it.

I even posted to my own question, just like minimus...

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

undercover....are you df'd or da'd??? I found that once I was df'd...it was freedom from there on, witnesses cannot hound you anymore.

• freelife
    freelife

it seems like a never ending process they hound you forever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit