My silent ongoing fight against the org.

by The Grudge 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

My wife put the elders on me almost immediately when I started to doubt ! he he he man did that backfire!!!! They told her "maybe ,if she didn't act like Saul's wives, I'd come around again"...say what?

Yea, if youre gonna blame someone for loosing the sheep, blame the wife ! After all she did once go to the hall wearing a mini! Poor bro Nadsam...he didn't stand a chance.

No seriously now ! One of the bizarre blame game tactics I saw when the battle for my soul was being fought was the elders turn on my wife after she busted me? She had reported me for being very very naughty and they told her that if its anyones fault, then its hers. Yeras Later when one of those kind bastards con'd her out of some cash she started to wake up. Man life is good isnt it.

I said to her "no, ma'am !" You go along to the hall without me tonight ! I really do like hanging out at stripper bars ....check ya later! he he he

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Ok I'M BACK FOR SOME MORE FUNNIES...just wen't outside for a smoke...hehehehe.

I'd like to tell you another story quickly. Another dumb bro I know one day said "no ma'am!" as well. He took his passport and fled! His wife and her kind pals tracked him over two continents and when his cash was out he came home like a lap dog.hehehehe.

Moral of the story>>>>plan your escape better!

Buy a disguise if you must but don't be a sucker.Grow a beard..get a tatoo because if you're gonna be a wimp at the mall your headed back to the hall !!! hehehe .Man a mid life crisis is the best isn't it!

PS ??? ARE THOSE KIDS REALLY MINE ! THEY LOOK JUST LIKE BRO SO AND SO'S ..hehehe.

Ok I'd better go now before I fall off my chair onto a tract! hehehe..cheers Garyb.

• SM62
    SM62

GaryB,

The way you have been treated, including what happened to your first wife, is nothing short of barbaric and it truly makes me sick that 'mature' people can act this way. I am certainly not trying to make light of any of it. I think these people should be brought to justice for their actions. Maybe, if there is a just God somewhere, justice will prevail in the end, at least I hope so, because people like that need to have their noses rubbed in their dirty deeds....sorry....I am ranting and rambling now. However, I am speaking from my own experience.

As a 'faithful' JW (as faithful as I could be, 'cos I always felt uneasy) two of my grown up children were DFd. Did I shun them? Did I heck-as-like! They are my flesh and blood. I brought them into this world and I love them UNCONDITIONALLY. They were treated unjustly and I voiced my disgust VERY LOUDLY. Nobody could ever come between us - they mean too much to me. I don't understand partners, parents, children, siblings etc who can let an organisation tell them how to treat their own flesh and blood. The elders all knew how I felt and what my views were on this and marked me. Did I care? No! If my husband had left me for another woman and been DFd, would I have prevented him from seeing his children? No! I am not still at school and I do not behave like a schoolchild. I like to think I am mature enough to be able to separate what goes on between me and my husband and between my husband and my children. Many, many JWs feel the same way. What I am trying to say is, as an active JW, you would have tarred me with the same brush and viewed me as evil, yet I would never have done the things that your family have done to you. I am not so stupid as to let an organisation have complete control of my mind and my life. I can recognise when something is morally wrong - I don't need a list of rules or regulations to refer to - I just know it in my heart. Many other JWs feel the same way - we are not all evil.

I no longer want anything to do with the WTS because it is a cruel organisation run by a bunch of tossers. But that does not mean I think all JWs are evil. Many of these people will one day come to their senses too and find the truth and be set free. It is the cretins at the top that do most damage.

I live in hope that my husband will see the light one day, but knowing him as I do, I doubt it very much and it breaks my heart. I am ignored by many JWs I meet in the street, even though I am not DFd or DAd. I have had slanderous accusations made against me and I am often the subject of petty gossip, but I don't blame everyone in the KH. There are a handful who still talk to me and treat me like a human being. I judge everyone individually - I don't judge them all as a group. Just because some JWs choose to treat me badly, it doesn't mean I think they are all bad.

I am so sorry for what has happened to you and I know words are pretty meaningless in a situation like this. I don't really know what else to say. Please don't think I am trying to trivialise what you have been through, because I'm not. You come across as a fine man and I think your family are completely mad to want to cut you off. If I had been your wife, I would never have treated you like this and cut you off from your children, whether I was an active JW or not.

The Grudge - many people have said you shouldn't have children until everything is settled. I agree with that. If you think things are hard now, imagine what it would be like if children were involved. I hope so much that you can sort this out and live happily with your wife. It is so horrible to be living in a home where one partner is obsessed with a culty religion, and I should know. You are in my thoughts - as are all those out there who are in a similar position.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Terri

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks for the reply Terri,

I don't think all Witnesses are bad, just the ones who have been bad to me, and those are all I know.

According to the publishing company, and Merton Cambell, the rest were waiting in line.

A sage once told me the reason God gives you relatives is so you appreciate your friends.

Wise man! GaryB

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hello Grudge and welcome here. You can find lots of encouraging posts here and lots who are in the same boat as you.

If you and your wife love each other, then simply "agree to respect each other's opinions and the right to have them". It certainly won't be an easy road; but it's not impossible. It depends on how judgementary she is with you over your decision.

This is definitely a strain, and both of you will suffer. Sometimes a relationship needs a little suffering so that the remaining love continues to be forged and maintained; otherwise, the communication grows stagnant and the chasm between you, wider. If you both understand this and can weather the ups and downs you are going to experience, than your love will see you through. There must be a mutual respect. The problems really come if there are children involved, as they are definitely caught in the middle.

My own parents were an example of a long term marriage of over fifty years. Mom, being a strict tow the mark JW, and my dad, a fence-setter for a long time, and then studied and baptised out of fear of armageddon. That didn't last, and they both continued to live together--both very strong for their own course of action. Unfortunately, my dad was like so many when he walked away from the borg; he still had that residual guilt which caused him to think that he would still die at armageddon. But, they had a mutual need to be married to each other, otherwise, it would have never worked as long as it did,...until he died a few years ago. As kids, my sibblings and I were raised in a very dysfunctional household and we have all suffered so much for that type of life. My parents simply didn't fit together very well when it came to raising children. My mother worked on us so that we didn't respect our own father, and it caused a large chasm in our relationship. He didn't assert himself very much and just left her raise us the way she wanted. What a mess.

Every situation is different. Best wishes and continue reading and posting.

/<

• william
    william

[email protected] is my e-mail address if you wish to write. I must say, after reading your message, you know, I understand where you are coming from. I am an "active" jw but, I know that Jehovah is a rightious God, and well us as humans are imperfect (elders, annointed.etc..) all make errors that my hurt, as we do. It sounds like your wife is a great wife, and well you should try to stay with her. "the religious part" seems to be 99% of our life, but to be realistic, I don't think that possible.

I don't know, did you or have you ever felt that "why even try keep on serving Jehovah, if we just are sinners and keep on being sinners. You know it is so easy to sin" but one will try to help others learn about Jehovah. I know your must think like this or else you wouldn't even think of allowing your own children go to the hall (if you get to have some).

I too feel that there is a lot of people in the hall that "are there just for show" if you know what I mean. Some may be haveing sex out of wed-lock, others may be having homosexual activity, and so one. Just keep in mind that Jehovah will eventually get rid of us from the hall. Look at me for example, I am here..

One can only try, and that is all that Jehovah asks of us, just try (but a very sincere try). Well my dear friend, I am from Ohio. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit