Wisconsin area

by Evesapple 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I lived in Sparta Wisconsin for 2 years.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was just over to Sparta. We buy lumber from that area. That's were we used to get on the bike trail that used the old railroad right of way. There was one tunnel over there 7/8 of a mile long. Darker'n the inside of a cow.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My boys did a lot of bicycling when they were there, they followed a railroad track almost all the way to Fort McCoy. Bikes are big in Sparta, as is the FULLER BRUSH COMPANY. I attended the Kingdom Hall there two or three times...the wife didn't want to attend (thank God).

• alias
    alias

I was baptized at the Janesville assembly hall in 1989. It must have been interesting for you living so close to it!

alias

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I went to the Kingdom Hall connected to it on the other side....I was very involved.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I attended a really cool apostafest in Green Bay last year...

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    I was baptized at the Janesville assembly hall in 1989.

alias

dunked there 1/10/87 You never forget the date.... ...no matter how hard you try

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

May 14th 1983 :) Nope you never forget :(

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome Evesapple.

We have relatives in Delavan. *gag, moan, sigh*

But they won't even talk with us *lucky us, really*. Very, very conservative in Wisconsin.

Joy

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    We have relatives in Delavan. *gag, moan, sigh*

But they won't even talk with us *lucky us, really*. Very, very conservative in Wisconsin.

joy

If they are in Delevan, then they likely go to the Elkhorn congregation which shared borders with the congregation that i grew up in and later DA'd myself from last Dec.

Just to clarify, please don't confuse JW's from Elkhorn as an accurate representation for all of WI.

That congregation has had problems for a LONG time.

I had [well used to have] friends in our KH that went there last year to help out Elkhorn.

They came back to our congregation within a year.

It's a tough, backwards crowd there, so your relatives might fit in nicely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit