How far back do you remember?

by dh 36 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember my brother breaking his arm. Mom was pregnant with my sister. I remember her running out of the room to help my brother. I was a month short of my third birthday. That's my earliest memory.

• gumby
    gumby

I am surprised. I didn't know we could remember before the age of 3 or 4 as that was the age I was told is the earliest we can remember. This is intresting.

Gumby

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Gumby...

Interesting that it is not words or conversation that I remember from age 1..

but it was a visual. My mom was baffled when I told her of this that occurred and confirmed that it was as I saw it.

I also have some visual memories from 2, 3..and then right on up..

sincerely

special K

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have very clear memories of age 3. I remember putting on my Dad's shoes and not being able to move in them. Mom says I was 2 then. I also have a vague memory of sleeping in a crib with mosquito netting over it, and feeling trapped. Mom tells me I was almost 2 the year she put that netting over the crib at night. When I was 2, I got moved to bunkbeds with my big brother.

I remember going trick or treating with my brother when I was 3 and refusing to ever go again after that. (I was VERY shy) I remember the Christmas tree we had, in 1948 and 1949 (I was 3 years old) with bubble lights, so I had to have them for our tree, when we started celebrating it. Mom put thick cotton around the base of the tree, with a neat little village on it. I remember that so well. 1949 was the last Christmas we had as a family.

I also remember the blizzard of 1949 (I was 4) and going outside to play, and the snow was over the top of my boots and when I lifted my foot to step, the boot stayed in the snow.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I have tons of memories from very early..................the earliest is about 1 year old............mom also said that I knew how to speak fluent canuk french at two with the neighbor kids..........she was stunned one day to see me babbling away to them and we all understood each other............the kid's mom confirmed I was indeed speaking french to her children..............I have memories of sitting on my mom's lap and she was showing me pictures from this salmon colored book............horrible pictures of a big bull headed figure, and a baby lifted up towards it............pictures of people with fear on their faces, building falling and a great chasm with cars sliding into it..............Armaggedon, ala the WTS from the Paradise Book. Years later, I asked mom about it and she said that she had always spoken with the Dubs and taken their literature back in the 50''s. She didn't get baptized til around 1977, tho, shortly after my sis and I got dunked..............

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I'm not going to answer that for fear of people thinking I'm totally mental. Lets just say, I have early memories.

Sirona

You were going to say you remember being born weren't you ? Earliest memories are from 2 onward, but they are triggered when going through old photo albums and home movies.
  • TresHappy
    TresHappy

My mom says she can remember her 2nd birthday. Her parents took for a plane ride over the area where they lived. My grandmother never believed she could remember it, however Mom distinctly remembers being told to "look down and see your home." It's amazing all the little things that our amazing brain can remember!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I can clearly remember certain things from when I was 4 years old

• Princess
    Princess

I remember standing in my crib watching my dad and I think my uncle Jim bringing in my new bed. Mom can tell us how old I was.

My daughter says it was scary in the womb. I don't know if she really remembers but she did talk about a very early memory the other day. Steve and I were surprised she remembered...I however, have already forgotten what it was.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I think its amazing how far back some people can remember. My earliest memory is of going to the hospital because of a hernia. I remember a yellow wristband and walking down the hallway with my parents looking into other rooms. Then I remember them rolling a large bin full of stuffed toys into my room. My parents said I was angry when they rolled that in there because it was right after I woke up from anesthesia and I was angry that they had put me to sleep. I was 3 years old. I don't remember any feelings or awareness of my age, just the images. Neither do I remember the cause of the hernia. The earliest age I can remember being aware of is age 4 and I've got several memories from that age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit