Help with Grief

by Sirona 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Sirona I would recommend a quick study of Carl Rogers theory of "Person centred counselling", Its an easy to learn theory that can help you during times such as the one you mention. The key is to provide the right environment through empathy, unconditional positive regard and congruence. Remember you dont have to have ANY of the answers, just a listening and true empathy towards the person, then the person will grow and will not be stunted by the grief.

Sorry I didnt provide an answer and that the above sounds like a deep study subject, but just a quick overview of this theory via the net will be of help to you

Brummie

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks Brummie,

I have Carl Rogers book on his person centered therapy, although I admit I bought it for a course and didn't read it through.

I might pick it up again, thanks for the suggestion,

Sirona

• Brummie
    Brummie

You might notice that I am slightly biased toward his theory :) It may be worth a read through just to get the basics, they really do work.

All the best and hug your friend for us

Brummie

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sirona: I am so sorry that you have not had the support you need. My sis did that she was taking care of my two dysfunctional siblings. I hope that your OK and I know that words can be so few at these times (((((((((Sirona))))))))))

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Let your friend cry on your shoulder and always be her friend never tire of his or her tears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit