NWT Being the Most Accurate

by VIII 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

If the Jeopardy show really did happen I’ll go back tomorrow and become a full fledged JW again.

(I’m not going back)

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

It all reality the Bible is a copy of a copy of a copy of a religious writings. No one can say for certain that some of the writing about Jesus were accurate first hand accounts because they were not. And no one can say that many things in the Bible were not edited or inserted in to the writing because they were. Several books were taken out other added and others still taken out again. The book of Daniel is missing some writing that were in the much older Greek Septuagint and in the two oldest bibles ever found Jesus wasn’t resurrected and did not ascend to heaven.

There is even writings in the Bible that eludes to the idea that Jesus was a shape shifter and did not die on the cross he was merely put to sleep by the drugs they gave him.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I found the answer to this 12 years ago in this post: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/133542/nwt-on-jeopardy

Here's what I said:

So I get an email from a JW, good friend. He sends a bulk mail that was sent to him and spread around.
    Notice the main content:

Subject: Fw: Bible Accuracy Recently on Jeopardy on TV, the questions was- What is the most accurate translation of the Holy Scriptures?
    No one got the correct answer, so Alex Trebek said "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, printed by Watchtower Bible Tract Society.

So here was my answer: I researched Jeopardy archives, pretty easy to do. The site is J-archive.com. Just search for "Bible" and all the questions for a year or more come up. Search "New World Translation" and nothing comes up. This would be an opinion question, not a fact question, so they would avoid such a question. There was no such question with Alex saying "New World Translation." I googled the subject and it is discussed in various places on the web. This is the best possible reason why this untrue statement is circulating:
    it's a POWERPOINT GAME someone made up and posted on the internet and called it "Theology Jeopardy." It isn't the TV Jeopardy, and any common sense adult thinking person would know they would never endorse one over the other. For all we know, a Jw posted it and then used it as proof. Be careful what you email. Don't assume it's true because you read it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have said it before and I will say it again. The kingdom Interlinear of The New Testament printed by the WTB&TS a word for word Translation of the Greek into English does not contain the four Hebrew letters called the Tetragrammaton or any four Greek letters denoting GOD`s name in that publication .

They have added to the scripture which is taboo by inserting that name Jehovah in the marginal columns .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit