How will the Watchtower Cult end?

by WireRider 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Landy
    Landy

.... That said, I don't think they've done themselves any favours with this jw tv thing.

I saw it for the first time last week and was absolutely gobsmacked :)

When I was a kid growing up, the GB were held in awe, muttered about in hushed respectful tones.

That's been done away with with one roll of a video tape. It is staggeringly awful and I can only guess as to what today's JW teenagers think of Stephen Lett! :)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    With a bang, not a whimper.
  • steve2
    steve2

For JWs, the world is always about to end, while for ex-JWs, the organization is always about to end.

For my money, though, the longer the world lasts, the less certain I am about JW organization's future. It may not end completely but the ongoing transformations suggest JW organization is a very different animal to what it was even 10 years ago.

• Randall
    Randall
    Landy, you're absolutely spot on correct
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think for sure it is going to go downhill. I think they have reached a Tipping Point.

I really do not care how it ends, I just hope it happens in my lifetime.

Or, if not its complete demise, it dwindles so much that the smug bastards in it at present all get to realize that it is on the way out.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

With Apathy!

Anyone with half a brain and a sincere desire to research FACTS will just leave.

The numbers of witnesses will be made up by ignorant half wits who enjoy burying their heads in the sand, or who are too silly and gullible.....

• blondie
    blondie

Well, the Catholic Church is still going despite whatever

The Worldwide Church of God is still going although in 2 parts

The WTS will just continue re-inventing itself...

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

when their free ride ends...

http://paperpilotsmusic.bandcamp.com/track/free-ride

.....Cause the fake smiles are getting harder to hide
    And your free ride is getting harder to find

........But it's getting old going down their road
    Don't you know you just need your own

lol

• Mephis
    Mephis
    There'll be no single end date, just the slow slide into being an increasingly obscure historical artifact of the adventist movements. At some point it will fully cross that boundary into being as much a cultural thing as a religious. Sort of hovering close to that boundary already. They need to reform, which won't happen while they're still in full delusional mode, or they get ever more repressive and isolated from broader society. I'm sure they'll still be knocking about in some form or another in another hundred years. Going to be interesting to see whether they tap into fundy christianity's populist techniques and politics, or whether they head into Plymouth Brethren style isolation. Curious tension they've built up internally which will have to be resolved at some point.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn, smiddy beat me to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit