81 Year Old Sister Decides To Telephone Witness On A Whim

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

minimus...my mother's uncle, which I always loved and considered a good man (and one I revered because of his fishing skills and his sparking the fishing interest in me) did that when he became bed ridden. He even used the Internet. I guess it kept his mind active and he thought he was pushing himself right into a pair o' dice on earth. Sad in many ways really, but in another its OK, it helped him deal with being stuck in bed and also let him have something to look forward to. Even pity and sadness aren't cut and dry issues w/Jehohvahs Witnesses...eh...

R.I.P. Uncle Bob

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

As long as this sister represents a non-profit organization she can make random calls like this. I just got some information from my phone company on the federal laws regarding DNC and there is was, nonprofit organizations are exempt from the law.

http://ftp.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall/

The Do-Not-Call registry will not prevent all unwanted calls. It will not cover the following:

• calls from organizations with which you have established a business relationship;

• calls for which you have given prior written consent;

• calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements;

• calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Blondie, I wasn't aware of that. You are a living encyclopedia. I have actually enjoyed talking to Witnesses who have called. They have all hung up, but I have enjoyed it. GaryB

• Dansk
    Dansk
    They have all hung up, but I have enjoyed it.

LOL

• mouthy
    mouthy

I use to call folks at random from the phone book we were urged to do that. Also I used to write to the surviving relatives in the obit colume.Telling them of the resurrection.Hey!! I used to get my time in....I would speak to folks at the bus stop- the subway-- Dr office, Dentist office,-I just didnt leave the mags only, I "aint" called mouthy for nothing.....I bet if God is making videos of us lot- he must have a laugh at me.... First going all over telling folks "Your going to die if you dont come into JW Kingdom Hall. Now I go around telling everyone they are going to die if they go to the Kingdum Hell.>>>>Yep I am a Religious fanatic>>>>>>>> "stop the world I wanna get off!!!!( talk about a Mad,mad, world....I am the prime subject)

• minimus
    minimus

It would be GREAT if everyone decided to call anyone they wanted to and telephone witness. There's no law against it. It would be a way of expressing a person's ministry and if the elders forbid it-----it would be against the law! I recommend that anyone that wants to indiscriminately call people----JUST DO IT!

• Mary
    Mary

I was forced to do telephone witnessing once when I was a teenager. It was too frigging cold out, even for die-hard Dubs, so a uh, "mature" sister bugged me to come over to her place to do telephone witnessing. After all, if Armageddon decided to come and I was snuggled in bed, I guess Jehovah would have struck me dead right then and there.

Anyway I was young and foolish so she came and picked me up and we went back to her place (where her frigging husband was allowed to sleep in) and started dialing. After about 1/2 an hour, she went to the bathroom which was upstairs, so I faithfully dialed the next potential victim and when they answered I said "I know who you are and I saw what you did. Click." I managed to get 3 or 4 of these in before she came back downstairs. These were the good ol' days before Call Display!

• Dawn
    Dawn
    Because the elders would not give her her own territory

I'm a little puzzled....why couldn't she have her own territory card? And.....if they won't give her one then what's stopping her from just picking out a block and working it anyways? Except of course that she's 81 years old. Just think of the power they had over us.

• minimus
    minimus

Since the elders represent God, they must be obeyed!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Long live the eccentric old sisters!

they were the mainstay of many a congo, and often had more love and guts than the rest of us put together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit