Are Jehovah Witness willing to end studies?

by Maria Nieves 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

why its not like there is a line to get a study.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

@mickbobcat,

I never pioneered. Therefore, I don’t know if there is a demand for a study. However, I did notice that approximately two years ago, the congregation that I used to attend was teaching on ending unproductive Bible studies. There was a video that was shown. Now, they have returned to discussing ending unproductive Bible studies.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I think it was even more insulting to have their little "Return to Gee-hober " baloney that was going on for awhile. Like all Watchtowers attempts to get or retain members it seemed unsuccessful.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

@Overrated,

I remember that. When the pandemic began, the belief was that we were living in the end times and there was an attempt to get those who were disfellowshipped or faded to return to Jehovah.

• waton
    waton

In the years leading up to 1975, the early 70ies, a limit of 6 month was put up per wt instructions on duration of a bible "study". period. after that, with no baptism the hapless candidate was left to face Armageddon on his own. ha ha. j

The demonstrations of "studies", in the week's sales practice sessions are wishful thinking, destined for the publisher themselfs. No intelligent person will allow himself to be subjected to tha childish question and answer routine.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

waton ,yes I remember the 6 month period of having a bible study and if no progress was made of that study becoming a JW then end the study and look further a field.

Some elderly people just liked someone to spend some time with them and to them it was just a social event .

This also exposes their intent,does it not ?They claim to the Governments that the Jehovah`s Witness religion is all about a Charitable work of spreading the Gospel ,while at the same time helping migrants learn English and helping them assimilate in there new country .And also to help people to be better citizens by learning Bible based principles and tolerating people of all ethnic backgrounds Their prme purpose is not to convert people to the JW faith.but help people to become law abiding citzens.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yep that was one of the weirder scenarios that would play out from time to time: “we had to end the study with Jimmy because, it’s been over a year, he’s not making progress, and we need to focus of progressive Bible studies”.

Spoken by people who had no other Bible studies and slim chances of finding any.

But because that’s what it said in the Watchtower ...

• Biahi
    Biahi

I remember many years ago I went with a pioneer several times on her bible study with a young married Mexican immigrant. She seemed somewhat receptive, idk, but I remember Bonnie (the pioneer) told me that her husband made her stop the study. Then she added that we now have to shun her. Lol like she cared.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

To Maria Nieves.........

January Watchtower 2020 first study article paragraphs 19

You might begin by asking him, ‘What do you think will be your biggest challenge in becoming one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?’ The student might answer, ‘I do not mind studying the Bible, but I will never become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses!’ If that is his attitude after he has studied for some time, is there any point in continuing the study?

Talk openly about Christian dedication and baptism. After all, our goal in conducting a Bible study is to help a person become a baptized disciple. Within a few months of having a regular Bible study and especially after beginning to attend meetings, the student should understand that the purpose of the Bible study is to help him to start serving Jehovah as one of His Witnesses......October 2020 Watchtower paragraph 12 study article 2

Regularly analyze the progress that the student is making. For example, does he express his feelings for Jehovah? Does he pray to Jehovah? (Ps. 116:1, 2) Does he enjoy reading the Bible? (Ps. 119:97) Is he attending the meetings regularly? (Ps. 22:22) Has he made any needed changes in his lifestyle? (Ps. 119:112) Has he started sharing what he is learning with his family and friends? (Ps. 9:1) Most important, does he want to become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses? ...............October 2020 Watchtower paragraph 15 study article 2

FAQS on the JW org website......

Am I Expected to Become One of Jehovah’s Witnesses if I Study the Bible With Them?

NO, you are not obligated in any way. Millions enjoy our Bible study program without becoming Jehovah’s Witnesses. * The purpose of the program is to show you what the Bible teaches. What you decide to do with that knowledge is up to you. We recognize that faith is a personal matter.

They are called CHARLATANS here on this platform. Now you have a another point to agree to that.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, very much so. I even heard JWs parrot the line: “we can’t waste time on individuals who are not progressing when we could be teaching others”. This despite the fact that Bible Studies were so rare that the comment was frankly ridiculous. Some JWs will repeat anything they read in the Watchtower, whether it bears any resemblance to reality or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit