Heartbroken that my parents are so blind...

by HiddenPimo 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Even as we understand we would probably do the same as Sol pointed out, now being enlightened about TTATT, it would be unthinkable.

I watched Cedar's recap of the Saturday session of the RC, and the message is loud and strong for them to shun. The speaker called it an act of love. It's infuriating.

Positive thought to you and yours as you navigate through these times.

• LV101
    LV101

They just aren't losing enough people -- WT the haters of the world. Too many brainwashed people to keep them from going broke.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WT is really stressing the shunning. Worried much WT? Gotta shut up the "apostates", they are waking people up.~ ToesUp

That is it exactly!!!

INFORMATION CONTROL!

If family members continue to talk to DF/DA (or even Faders), they will eventually hear enough of something that gets them to start thinking/wondering. (The first Domino.)

But if WTS manages to cut off the "wicked" apostate's communication and the family members only have the Koolaid to drink in, they will be kept under control. (MIND CONTROL.)

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I'm sorry you are experiencing this very sad situation.

The reality is the mental programming they have received lives in the subconscious area of their mind and it is more powerful than anything you can say to them. Sad but true.

That programming is automatic to them and doesn't matter if one day all the governing maggots were charged with capital murder. Your parents would come to believe they were framed. Yes, the programming is that strong. Which is why they write about remaining "loyal to jehovah and his faithful slave." Their mind can no longer differentiate between God and the governing maggots. In their mind they are one in the same. This is why the maggots demand you attend the meetings, study, and participate before they'll even consider you for membership. The maggots know the power of group think and group pressure. The programming starts the moment that book study starts in our home.

Personally, I've shed many tears and had arguments with my spouse over her inability to see the maggots for the pieces of crap they truly are. After several years of studying how a person can be programmed I now understand my spouse cannot help but act the way she does. It's heartbreaking being that I still live with her. But I know I'm fighting something that is deeply ingrained and may never change.

I wish you and hope for the very best in your situation. It will get tough, but stay strong mentally and weather it out and see it through. YOU ARE RIGHT. THEY ARE WRONG.

• LV101
    LV101

DOC - sure hope the highlighted caption and you're right.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Jared...you could ask them who they think the faithful slave is now..?...just to check they are up to date with watchtower theory.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My thoughts are with you jared ,but you never know one day the scales might fall from their eyes ,or they will take off those rose coloured glasses and see the religion for what it really is .........you did.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

DOC - sure hope the highlighted caption and you're right.~ LV101

LV, I hope so too!!! Actually, I'm pretty much convinced of it. Stop and consider how many times when a former or inactive JW hit a hard spot or had some personal difficulty (sickness, financial problems, marriage problems, etc) you heard JW's say: "See what happens when you leave Joe Hoover!" (or The Troof; or, The Borganization). They are truly convinced (via the Koolaid) that bad things happen to those who leave because they lose Jah's Blessing.

Thus, they are hopefully confused when they look on and see former JW's who are happy & successful & enjoying life.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Thanks to all for your encouraging words.

I am doing great emotionally despite all of this.

At the end of the day we cannot control the input but only our output. This too shall pass and regardless of what Mom and Dad say or do, I love them and feel no regrets, or harbor any resentment.

“The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.”
    Marcus Aurelius

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Loyal to Jehovah and the faithful slave.

And there it is, why isnt loyalty to their god enough?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit