New Proof for 1914 - Oct. 2019 WT

by neat blue dog 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The latest Study Edition offers a new proof for 1914, get this:

WERE you born after the year 1914? If so, you have lived your entire life during “the last days” of the present system of things.

Because so much time has passed since 1914, we must now be living in the last of “the last days.”

The long dragged out failure of their prophecy to materialize is offered as proof of it being true. Go figure.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS/JWS has always been preaching a false commercialized version of the Gospel of Jesus but then again it was always a religious publishing house.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

That would be amazing if you were born anywhere near 1914 cause you'd be over a hundred. 1929 would give you a ninety year old. Might as well say - if you have been born after the year 607 bce, you will have noticed that the world is getting worse. Because things are so bad, we must now be living in the time of the end.

• waton
    waton

who would have known that the last days would last that long.

Like wine and woman, time gets better with age.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yeah, well, one of my friends' parents died at 95 last year. Avid follower of the rutherford millions living not dying bullshit died with tears in her eyes..... Extremely sad to be there.

jtg

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The JW`s religion has ditched the generation that saw the beginning of theses things take place and that would not pass away ,simply because they have all passed away.

J.F.Rutherford stated that "Millions Now living Would Never Die" , it also had "Millions now living May never die ".

apparently their were two different versions of the same address./talk.

Needless to say they have all passed away.

In the inside cover of the WT years ago stated that "The generation that saw the events in 1914 would not pass away until all these things happened" or words to that effect.

The WT/GB also stated publicly and in print that Armageddon would be happening on or before the end of the 20th Century and that the 21st Century would usher in the New System of things.

Well here we are 19 years into the 21st century and their is no sign of the G,T or the big A.

Non christian religions are at an all time high ?

And contrary to what the book said published by the JW`s in what the 70`s-80`s "Babylon The Great Has Fallen Gods Kingdom Rules "

Nothing of the sort has taken place .

Religion is at an all time high maybe not necessarily Christendoms religions but non christian religions yes .

"Babylon The Great" Is Alive And Thriving .

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

YES!!! We are in the last tenths of a second of this nasty old system!

How may assemblies did I hear that we were way into the 2 minute warning of this system, really in its final seconds.

So sad I wasted my life:(

FYI By ever metric you can think of - things have gotten so much better since 1914.
    NO ONE would want to go back to that time or any other time before 1914.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Here is a list of all those over 100 years of age and not one of them is a Jehovah Witness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_living_centenarians

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

They should just let their teaching about 1914 die. It pisses me off every time I think about how convinced I was that they had their "7 times" calculation correct and how hard I worked to convince others. Kicking a dead dog doesn't bring it back to life!

just saying!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Whats a fear mongering apocalyptic religoius publishing house to do ?

Bullshiting and then support that bullshit by using the bible works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit