Gorbatchov

Unbelieveble people accept this BS.

G.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

G. Didnt you?

• Magnum
    Magnum

iwantoutnow, you're comparing apples to oranges. Of course, a lot of us on this site accepted the religion in the past. HOWEVER, the situation was far different at the time we accepted it. The religion was more serious, bolder, more confident, and more dignified. It wasn't happy-clappy and shiny and plastic-looking as it is now. The material was deeper, and it had at least a semblance of scholarship. There was not the availability of information (internet) as there is now and no good way for doubting/questioning JWs to communicate. Time hadn't run out (at least not completely) on the JW predictions. The GB members were not as exposed back then and it wasn't as obvious as it is now that they are clowns. It was VERY different!

Now, with every passing day, it is more obvious that JWdom is wrong. The failed predictions, the 1914 date, etc. all make JWdom look more wrong with the passing of time.

I agree with Gorbatchov; it's hard for me to believe that people with reasonable intelligence can believe JWdom is what it claims to be.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

it makes me puke

• jp1692
    jp1692

Jehovah's Witnesses: Predicting "The Last Days" since 1878!

• Spiral
    Spiral

WERE you born after the year 1914? If so, you have lived your entire life during “the last days” of the present system of things.

Because so much time has passed since 1914, we must now be living in the last of “the last days.”

What a ridiculous statement. Proves nothing. Kind of like the scripture (in Timothy?) that says the Bible is inspired of God. Therefore, the JWs accept this as proof the Bible is inspired of God. We actually went door to door reading that scripture to people and preaching that. Sheesh!

We were all raised to believe that people who were old enough to have "awareness" (say, 14 years old, then it kept going down) of world conditions in 1914 would live through Armageddon. Now, they SHAMELESSLY trot this bit of gibberish out when that prediction was proved false to cover their a$$e$.

And, yes, amazingly, the JWs will continue to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit