Being publicly reproved

by Strawberryfieldsforever 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

I think what is embarassing is that we allowed ourselves to be a party to that. We let ourselves be under that control. I still react from instinct because of them. I hate that control.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

For conduct unbecoming a Christian.

Changed to:So and So is publicly Reproved.

Now you gossipers can have something to talk about.

Private reproof,if no one knows about it?The elders and their wives know about it!

The person would have to confess to the elders privately and then depending on which elders you face,private or public reproof would follow.There is no right or wrong procedure,the elders do what they want.I can prove my statements because of my own experiences when serving on committees and with the CO.input when he was not even on the Judicial Committee.

Blueblades

• Voice
    Voice

In light of all that was said in this thread, is it any wonder that outsiders have little or no confidence in the authority of the WTBTS?

The information that was volunteered in this and other threads like it, will, most certainly, prove to be most useful to the opponents of the WTBTS. I am sure they can use it to demonstrate the non-divine authority behind everything the WTBTS says. I am equally sure that, in light of everything that I have seen so far in this thread, it shouldn't take a person with a PHD to see the cultic nature of the WTBTS.

A WTBTS opponent might well ask: In light of such damaging evidence against the WTBTS, should it come as a surprise to discover that a large percentage of JWs have severe psychiatric problems? Or, isn't this indisputable proof of the cultic control that the WTBTS has over its "flock"? Or, in light of its disfellowshipping doctrines, how could the WTBTS possibly be accepted as the only organization that is inspired by the ultimate source of truth and righteousness?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Just publicly disfellowshipped and could have cared less. I was not there, because I was already full speed ahead towards my new life!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Good for you Sunny!!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Any reproof is public. It is a lie that these men keep confidences. Anyone counseled should except that every detail of their transgression will be common knowledge within one week. And that the whole policy is totally man made and nowhere in the Bible. Maverick...been there on both sides.

• Special K
    Special K

Hey... GARYBUSS..... whose the cutie in your avatar...???

cute kid..

sincerely

Special K

• aojumper
    aojumper

Yup,

I was out with a "friend", worldy you know, and he was smoking a cigar. I showed him how to blow smoke rings (something I learned from a JW) and low and behold I get to hear about it from my sister who says "So and So -(The biggest alchoholics in the congregation) saw you smoking a cigar at TGIFridays in Bank one Ballpark". I simply explained that I wasn't smoking I was demonstrating the art of blowing smoke rings.

Then my mother hops in, you need to go to the elders, or I will have to.

That day happened to be Sunday... I pulled aside an elder that I kinda got along with and explained that I was demonstrating the art of blowing smoke rings... He got veeeeery grave and said "that probably wasn't a good idea... Just a moment..."

WHAM! Judicial Comittee! The Result - Public Reproof.

I wasn't there for the announcement, in fact, I never went back.

No Regrets!

• Aikon
    Aikon

Control Freaks EH??????????

I got a public reprove behind my back!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not know anthing about it,A member of my family contacted me" guess who go a public reprove to nite" Me "who " Relative "YOU"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I had not been to the Kingdom Hall for 6 months. Would you belive it.

Well, folks the end of this story is that the P.O. went to Prison for child sexuall abuse in 2000, he got 2 and half years, and while he was in prison he was disfellowshiped, and bloody hell he appealed against it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? But was upheld and now out off prison hiding like a rat..

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

This is a terrible practice of JW?s! When I was an elder, we very rarely publicly reproved anyone. What?s the point? We only did it when there was something like a pregnancy, but the woman was unwed. And the Society's view (better or worse) was that the congregation need to know the matter was delt with. However, my JW-girlfriend hung herself not long after being publicly reproved (this was some time ago)! I?m sure it contributed to what happened! And in her case, similar to yours, there was absoluty no need to do it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit