Attempted Rape and Screaming

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As JWs were were told that a woman HAD to SCREAM if she was threatened with rape. Then some articles seemed to say that it was not mandatory but recommended and then it seems that the Society reversed itself again by suggesting that it was ultimately up to the female as to whether she screamed or not........At this point in time, if you were to discuss with your child the options that she might take, what would you recommend? Would you still feel that screaming and fighting is the best avenue to take or would you think that there's nothing that you could suggest if such a terrible thing were to happen, that her life is the only thing that is important?

• flower
    flower

Of course her life is the only thing important in that situation whether or not she screamed for help is irrelevant to anyone except those freaks in the cult.

If it is at all possible to fight and run then of course that would be the way to go. Every girl should be taught how to defend themselves (how to kick the groin, poke eyes or scratch ect) and then how to use their common sense to know when to defend and when to give in. NO ONE should be questioned on either decision afterwards or made to feel as if they are somehow guilty because they didnt do enough.

The decision is made in a split second and whether its the right one or not is more often than not a matter of pure luck.

just mho of course,

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Let's just pretend I forgot my handgun and I'm dealing with a rapist without the odds in my favor. I'd fight like crazy. Maybe offer to do a little oral as a prelude to biting it off. Fail that a knee to the groin, fist to the groin, foot to the groin.

you get the drift

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Just like sexual abuse of a child................some parents, elders, friends etc may say that because the child didn't report it for years, that maybe they liked it or were responsible for it happening. Unfortunately there are still very ignorant and hurtful people around. I've met some, believe me!

So rape works the same way.............sex crimes are complicated, especially for the victims. And to have a religion make rules on rape like the WTS does is is not only ignorant and hutrful but also very dangerous! Think of the 2 witness rule for sexual abuse........how ridiculous!

To scream or not to scream, that is the question!

How can you advise anyone how to handle a rape situation? Every incident is different and no one can predict how it will go. You just have to let your child know that staying alive is the most important thing and that you will not judge them.

Having left the borg for many reasons, and the WTS's way of handling sex crimes from within being the main one, I don't take their rules and regulations into account anymore. I guess children in the borg are at risk twice, once when the religion abandones them and twice when their parents do too.

This is a subject close to my heart and could go on for hours but I'll stop now.

Cheers, Bliss

• Gadget
    Gadget

Try sticking your fingers down your throat and being sick over them, most people find their desire for sex disappears when they are covered in puke.

• minimus
    minimus

Gadget, I don't think this applies to the majority of rapists.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Gadget: if you were only that simple

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Try sticking your fingers down your throat and being sick over them, most people find their desire for sex disappears when they are covered in puke.

It isn't sex, it is control. Has little to nothing about you looking desirable.

• shamus
    shamus

What they should to to men who sexually abuse children and rape women and children is to have they're penis surgically removed with a peeling knife... slowly... over days.

That would be the start of the punishment.

Any person who truly believes that a woman should have to "scream" should go through just what the woman went through before passing judgment on such an individual.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think there is statistical evidence (no, I don't have it handy) that women who resist have a better chance of surviving than those who do not. So I would urge a woman to fight the rapist.

Now, fighting is a funnny thing - if I were to say that I have never played the piano before, but I just knew that should the need arise - a wedding, perhaps - then I am confident I could do it - people would consider me just a few fries short of a happy meal.

Yet they will believe that they are inately capable of defending themselves. They may be inately capable of struggling, but that is not neccessarily the same as surviving.

Personally, I believe that girls should be taught effective techiques for attacking the attacker, because in serious confrontations like war and rape, the best defense is a good offense. After that, she should learn knife-fighting.

I'm not talking about spending hours and hours in a dojo or gym, and I am especially not talking about traditional martial sports of any kind - those are GAMES, and they spend too much time teaching "rules of the game" which would not contribute to a person's survival. The kind of stuff I'm talking about could be learned in a few hours over a weekend. I'm talking about learning how to kill or cripple a man in a couple of seconds. After that, thinking about what has been learned and occasional practice would further aid retention of the transfered memes.

I had a friend a few years ago who was murdered by her ex-con (bad boys are exciting) boyfriend. After he slit her throat he set the house on fire. I wish she had known more about reading people and situations and how to defend herself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit