has any one had this feeling

by Akid48 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Akid48
    Akid48

i remember having this feeling when i was younger that something was off when it came to meetings and the people there seemed just off.I had feelings like that when i was like 5 or 6 and i would say i was kinda dumb back then but still i had a feeling like that when i would not have that often.Still to this day i dont know what got me to have that feeling i was just wanting to know if any had this feeling to and still cant remember what made your mind give you a red flag.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes, I had an assumption that everyone there was bit naively stupid, that they were buying into whatever the WTS said or printed.

When people were saying things like .......

We aren't going to have children until the new system

We aren't going to get married until the new system.

I'm not going to pursue higher education with the new system so near, not even going to finish high school.

These were things said at my Kingdom Hall back in the 1960's and 1970's, surprising enough you might even hear these things today at a local Kingdom Hall.

• Akid48
    Akid48

@finkelstein

oh man trust me when it came to my brother for college HE GOT RAINED WITH the the system is going to end so why go for more than 2 years?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I did. As a child, I showed it by misbehaving and doing as much as I could get away with. Later on I decided to give the Jehovah thing a try, and wound up severely depressed, then angry, then I left.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Yes! To the point i was physically sick from dreading meetings from around 7 or 8 years old. When I walked inside the Hall, I just felt bad vibes, something was off. It actually nauseated me and I developed anxiety problems.

From listening to my dad rehash elders meetings, i knew there were a lot of hypocrites. That was a huge turn off to me. I couldn't understand why they didn't quit going.

Then there was a strange old man who regularly left bags of candy in our unlocked car for me. He placed them on the back seat where he knew I sat. My parents didn't see anything wrong with it but he smiled at me in a creepy way and made me uncomfortable. He was in his seventies and I was thirteen. They finally said something to him, but it was more along the lines of, she has braces now, so she really shouldn't eat so much candy. They didn't want to offend a nice old brother. 😠

I had to do my homework on the way to the meetings and rarely finished it. All those nice summer evenings, spent inside that eerie building.

A building full of odd vibes, odd people and some smart, professional people who seemed to drift off. It took being sick to miss meetings, so I was sick quite a lot.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Things I learned listening to Witnesses for so many years.

"We aren't having children until the new system" = either a sexless marriage, or a superiority complex of being MORE spiritual than others.

"We aren't getting married till after Armageddon" = either someone is gay, or they are having sex already.

"I'm not going to pursue higher education with the New System so near, not even finish High School" = either someone has no self respect or is easily controlled by others.

• sparky1
    sparky1

You are not alone, Akid48. When I was between 5 and 7 years old I had a copy of the Photo Drama of Creation and read it cover to cover. Even at that age I had a WTF moment. None of it made sense to me but being a 'born in' (almost, my mother was baptised when I was a baby) I went along with it until adulthood. Even when I sincerely tried to put my nose to the grindstone and give the religion a try, I could not shake those feelings of doubt and uneasiness.

• Akid48
    Akid48

@Virgochik

i have to say the vibes for me is still odd i have to say im a person that didnt have anxiety but now i have it.it sucks to i love talking to friends hanging out but now before i do i get a good mouth full of anxiety for many things.One more thing is i dont sleep the best so when i have to go to meeting and go pass the time i go to sleep for school.I burn out before i get half way done with the school day.when it comes to people there is one brother i think 50 or 60 years old and lets say it seems you likes kids a little to much if you get what im saying.

• atomant
    atomant

Believe it or not these bad vibes began for me when l was less than 1. l remember being in a strange room (jw hall) in a portable baby bed looking up at strange faces staring down at me.l didn't want to be there and never did.l dreaded being dragged along to meetings against my will.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One of the biggest problems with JWS is that they aren't well educated for one, so they take whatever teachings that come from the WTS with whole heartiness and acceptance.

The WTS tries to instill a personal relationship with Jehovah, the ancient Hebrew god, then make exploitative and coercive actions like distributing the WTS's literature to the public or building a new Kingdom Hall where people in the future can be mentally indoctrinated or even lure money out of people so the WTS can continue to operate.

All which is supposed to appease Jehovah and when judgement day is so near, it truly pays to do so.

The Watchtower Corporation will tell you that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit