Passport to Heaven

by JW Answers 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

From RSR website..

..we get to debate Darwinists and atheists like Lawrence Krauss, AronRa, and Eugenie Scott, and easily take potshots from popular evolutionists like PZ Myers, Phil Plait, and Jerry Coyne
    1. If Fred has had conversations with Eugenie Scott and Jerry Coyne and can still refer to scientists as 'Darwinists' then he clearly has no interest in honest conversations.
    2. If Jerry Coyne didn't clear up his misconceptions then there is no chance I can help him. Coyne has forgotten more about science than I will ever know.

But here we are you and I on an ex-JW forum. I know more than most ex-JWS about evolution and you are full to the brim with ill-informed tropes. So do you want to chose a specific (narrow and focused) topic and let's talk

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Well, I hope you'll think about it.

So, how do you explain your belief in the stability of the laws of logic from an atheist worldview? Where do they come from and what basis do you have to believe in their stability?

• cofty
    cofty

As I said not on this thread.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Cofty,

You made bold moral statements right off the bat on this thread related to Judgement, Salvation, Moral Law and Laws of Logic. This is what discussion boards are for... working through ideas and truth statements.

So, how do you explain your belief in the stability of the laws of logic from an atheist worldview?

Surely you must have some foundation for your beliefs. Would you agree that your reliance on the stability of the laws of logic contradict your professed beliefs about our origins? If not, why not?

Are you just going to drop the F bomb on this thread and not even attempt to explain why?

• cofty
    cofty

I pointed out the obscenity of a christian dogma that supposes an all powerful - all loving - being who decided from eternity past to condemn the vast majority of humans to eternal torture in the fires of hell before they were even born.

That is fucked-up.

You injected with a scatter-gun series of posts that piled many of the usual theist tropes on top of each other.

If you want to get into it I am happy to discuss your tropes one at a time of specific threads. You have already demonstrated your propensity to change subject six times in an hour. That's not how to hold a useful conversation.

'Laws of logic' is not a fruitful topic. 'The excluded middle - therefore Jesus' is facile.

If you want I will start a new thread on biological evolution.

• cofty
    cofty

Sea Breeze - would you like me to open a new thread on biological evolution so we can discuss some of your misapprehensions?

• waton
    waton
    The flood was to clear out the waters in the heavens covering the earth.

Rg350, just explain to us what these waters in the heavens were, that need to be cleared. How were they held up ? in a bubble under 1000 atp? 14 0000 psi pressure? or was the H20 suspended by orbital velocity, like the rings of Saturn? or was the water stolen from mars? may be in a vaulted transparent firmament ceiling held over the four cornered flat earth?

Jesus from a muscle powered wood working family, like Noah's, must have had deep respect their accomplishment. No wonder he quit , while the quitting was good, to rise above it all.Even Elon Musk thinks we ought to leave, and the sun is half way through its life.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    You would not even be able to make your posts if Christianity wasn't true. How would you know what evil even was if we are nothing more that DNA

My dog knows that if someone abuses him he should avoid them.

• cofty
    cofty

Sea Breeze?

Here is a list of 40 previous threads I posted on biological evolution. Feel free to choose one if you would like to discuss your misconceptions about the topic further.

Or perhaps you would like to talk about morality? You choose.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Rattigan350: Thus, those going to heaven will serve as God's administrators.

Jehovah, the God of Bureaucracy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit