Passport to Heaven

by JW Answers 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Jehovah's witnesses believe that only 144,000 go to heaven, where as the Bible teaches us that all who come to Jesus can! Nothing in the Bible for 144,000.

The Bible teaches that Salvation is not through Religion, Works, Self Righteousness or Human effort. But Salvation is ONLY through the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Feel free to watch below

• cofty
    cofty

Salvation from the eternal torture your god plans to inflict on everybody he decided since eternity past not to save.

What an evil fucked up dogma you preach!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

JW Answers

I was a Jehovah's Witness for over 40 years. We read the Bible, but at the same time didn't really read the Bible. Here is one area that really made me doubt and the dominos fell :

Here is a replica of Noah's Ark that was built in Kentucky. It is a project that could only of been built with modern equipment. Bending wood, brackets, braces, lifting, carrying heavy loads would of been humanly impossible. Let alone finding animals that were not from that region, finding and storing food, ventilation problems, unloading excrement, animals fighting and eating each other, odor problems, no medical care for all the animals and for Noah and his family ...etc, etc.

God destroys every living thing because of human violence...only eight human survivors. Thousands of years later, the population is close to 8 billion and the violence is a million times worse. What did God accomplish by wiping out the entire earth? God's solution failed!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

NO, the Bible does not teach us that all who come to Jesus can get to heaven.

It teaches the KINGDOM of the heavens. Heavenly Jerusalem.

Those two terms, Kingdom and Jerusalem should teach enough. That heaven is what Jerusalem was meant to be. God's throne and those serving there are serving with the throne and at his pleasure.

Thus, those going to heaven will serve as God's administrators. So you are to ask whom are they administering over?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"What did God accomplish by wiping out the entire earth? God's solution failed!"

That wasn't God's solution. The flood was to clear out the waters in the heavens covering the earth.

Thousands of years later, the population is close to 8 billion and the violence is a million times worse.

So he needs to get rid of the people and the violence.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    So he needs to get rid of the people and the violence.

So why didn't God accomplish this the first time?

• cofty
    cofty
    he needs to get rid of the people - Ratty

Cult mind 101

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    What did God accomplish by wiping out the entire earth? God's solution failed!"
    That wasn't God's solution. The flood was to clear out the waters in the heavens covering the earth.

Not according to how I read things:

GENESIS 6:

11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

addressing thoughts on the ark...The Bible says at Gen 7:15 of the animals," they kept going to Noah" . So while some may think Noah had the chore of gathering all of those animals, I rather think Jehovah sent the animals to him. And it is even likely ( conjecture ) that these were very young animals-so smaller...and for all we know Jehovah could have put them into hibernation ( conjecture ) While I am thinking about the Ark, here is another conjecture: they can't find the ark because it was repurposed for housing.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Salvation from the eternal torture your god plans

Cofty,

Your statement makes a person wonder why anyone would choose eternal separation from their creator and his creation. Shouldn't God give people what they really want?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit