The choice of being alone has never been clearer.

by pistolpete 24 Replies latest social current

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Marriage is an arrangement that has served mankind well since the dawn of time. Every culture (to my knowledge) has it it some form and families have raised the next generation with input from both parents.

Would we be better off free to roam, have casual partners and be independent? When you are young it may look that way if your marriage is not happy. I accept that many stiii end up alone as divorcees but if you can weather the bad times many do find happiness together as older couples.

My wife and I have been through it all but now in later years when health fades and strength recedes, we are very glad to have each other. I am totally grateful for her care of me and she says she is glad that I am still here

I’m just saying that life, and marriage is a marathon not a sprint and you need a long term view.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ive been married 4 times--so far !

first time i was 20--she 19, a born in. During our 3 year courtship we got up to most sexual antics--bar actual penetration. My sole reason for wanting to get married was to "go all the way". Very early on in our courtship i realised she was a firebrand religious fanatic--and very possessive and quick to take offence at anything from anyone. Within a few months of being married i knew it was all a big mistake--and wanted out--but knew i couldnt. I knew if i had had full sex before marriage it would have been an even bigger mistake.

The marriage somehow lasted 13 years till she filed for divorce "on scriptural grounds " We had 3 kids.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    stan livedeath

ive been married 4 times--so far !

You know in one of my calls to replace a toilet, the owner was 103 years old and his wife was 70ish. I asked how long they had been married. I was thinking he was going to say something like 50 plus years. But instead he had only been married 7 years. WTF! That means he was around 96 when he tied the knot.

So I asked him if he was married before? He said yes. I asked him how long was he married before this one. He said 4 years. WTF!

Come to find out he had been married 11 times over his life.

I asked him if marriage was the key to living longer and being happy?

He said NO!

He said that if that was the case, the majority of people that are married would be living over 100 years of age which is NOT THE CASE.

He said the key to living LONG and HAPPY is learning to be happy with yourself and not needing anyone or anything to make you happy.

So I asked him; then why did you marry so many times??

He said; "Well basically because I like Blonds, Redheads, Brunnetts, -----and he kept on going.

He told me; "When your girl leaves you-----just get another one!!!!

Stan--you are going to live a longgggg Time-------just like William Shatner.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/cassie-randolph-breaks-silence-colton-underwood-coming-out-gay.html/

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Stan--you are going to live a longgggg Time-------just like William Shatner.

yep--i plan to. I'm 73 now--and my 4th wife is 23 years younger than me. Weve been married 5 years --this month ( which i only just remembered )

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bandicoot, is that why the Globalists are flooding the border?? 🤔

Marriage?? Yeah, I don’t know... I’m just as happy living with my GF than the happiest of times in my past marriage.

25 years of JW marriage have made me hesitant to marry again.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit