WHAT VIEW SHOULD WE HAVE NOW THAT WE DONT SEE THINGS THE WTS WAY?

by fearnotruth22 26 Replies latest jw friends

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

LILwitch, all of us jws have chased that carrot. Even yours truly.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

JGnat MYConclusion is based on the search spanning my lifetime.

I AM is not the proper English translation of what God spoke to Moses in EX3:14(Eyeh asher Eyeh) as transliterated by Doctoc Cohen in Soncino Chumash eited by Slotki. Rashi translates Ex3:14 as "I will be with you" "THE I AM" is not a proper ttile denoting the creator. Calling YHWH "the I AM" is an error.

it is erroneous to refer to YHWH as THE I am, or evrn I AM. Ive seached all that i the past as far as concrete answer? I donr t know conclusively what things in the Bible mean..

• jgnat
    jgnat

Conclusion? Already? In one lifetime? Too early! Lots of search-time left!

When I was a teenager, a friend and I prayed earnestly to God to tell us who He was. There was a great wind and two words. I AM. That is what HE told me, before I ever cracked open a bible. Besides, I think it fits. The all-knowing, all-existing just IS, and doesn't need to explain himself fully.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

JGnat from that perspective I have to agree with you.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sure I got answers, but hey, they're mine. You find your own.

carmel

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

So from the extreme that beliefs are dictated to believe what you like? Any definitions any laws any knowledge?

• Flash
    Flash

The WBTS really messed with our heads (and lives) yet, I don't think we should 'write-off' everything they taught concerning the bible. I work hard to distinguish and separate God's views from mans. Then live by God's. - "Make sure of all things..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit