Lane Convention, committed suicide because he was gay!

by cyberguy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

El Blanko, I'm not entirely sure if you are referring to a persons 'said' masculinity or effeminancy as a precursor to '?' maybe possible homosexual congenital dispositions.

Just for clarification, but if a person is gay, the notion that one aspect of any 'gender' is stronger than the other, within a person, doesn't always happen that way. Some women (gay) are very effeminant; some men (gay) are very masculine. Thus they can be rather unassuming. But even if either gender seems more effeminant/masculine as per so-called socially acceptable norms: so be it.

If one holds the bible and their belief in god a 'particular' way, the remarks and posts will reflect accordingly.

Not all of us believe in the bible. Some of us take what we can from it. If anything at all.

Personally, I do not believe in it, nor adhere to many of its rules.

The sun rises and sets on me, just the same.

If there is a 'god', I think it would only be befitting and proper to let him/her judge me, and not at the hands and whims of my fellow humans.

I have once too many times, seen the folly of that.

Check out SFJim's link, it's really interesting and intriguing. If for nothing else, and excellent 'other' point-of-view.

• El blanko
    El blanko

I'm not judging anybody, at least not in the Godly sense, simply discerning from my human point of view where you stand. There is a difference.

I'll leave this thread alone now. You know where I stand.

• Satanus
    Satanus

El

Jesus is the highest ranked spirit creature and will follow through on Gods judgements to the final letter. Do not mistake yourself. He may have been understanding when he walked the earth and showed the religious authorities up for what they were. How do you think he will deal with people who are marked for termination? Believe me, I too could be on that list.

You poor confused person. Can you imagine a soviet citizen 50 yrs ago worshipping the kgb, knowing that he could be on it's list for liquidation, or german jewish person idolizing hitler even though he could die at the hands of one of his agents? Thankfully, the terror plagued world you inhabit is all fantasy. But no one can rescue you, if you cling to it.

SS

• Valis
    Valis

cyberguy..sorry for your loss...don't let the preachers in this thread get to you. They think just because this is a public forum that they can spew what they call "opinion" yet is really a self righteous brand of Christianity tirade...just what good old Jebus had in mind I'm sure. What they fail to see is the loss of life as something terrible. They would have you believe that your friend committed suicide because he was gay, instead of the very unchristian way in which he was or would have been treated had he been able to live a free life, no imposed guilt, loving kindness, acceptance of him simply being him, etc. I lost a cousin to suicide after he was no longer a JW, and very sadly to say there was little grief shown by my parents or even his mother. Take care and have a good evening.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Poztate
    Poztate
    ANd what is He asking from us?

simply, that we love Kindness, exercise Justice, and be Modest in walking with our God.

What religion are you with blind zebra???? It can't be JW's or this list would be one hell of a lot longer.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

El blanko,

I'm not trying to make a moral judgement here, one way or another. I?m merely trying to show how JW?s with problems can?t get any type of help from the Congregation! In fact, going to the Elders usually results in an investigation, conviction, and a disciplinary sentence! Where?s the real help there? Sad to say, Lane was only 1 of 5 young folks who committed suicide within a 2-3 year period in the same congregation, including my girlfriend, whom I dearly loved!

Even if someone wanted to abandon a certain practice, let?s say, for argument, something condemned in the Bible; going to the Elders isn?t going to do it! A person, for instance, might have developed a drug or alcohol dependency, realize the problem, and want to correct it. But going to Elders, in most cases, will result in their being DF?d or "publicly reproved!" Where?s the love of Christ in that? JW?s have a system of incredible pressure, zero tolerance (unless you?re a child molester ? don?t get me started) for anything outside its Talmud-of-laws as directed in its plethora of books, brochures, magazines, and secret letters send to elder-bodies!

Cyberguy

• wednesday
    wednesday

Bz, i thought u were whacked when u first posted. (something about Babylon the Great) . But your genuine christlike love shows through, and that is what identifes as spiritual... I guess i wanted to apoligize for my possibly unfriendly respone to u on your first post. "I see" said the blind man.

• shamus
    shamus

This jesus talk is making me nauseous.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I know this may sound crass and crude (I don't mean it to - honestly), but by nature, would you not agree that the sex organs that we have, both male and female, are meant to be used towards each other in a natural way (male - female)? By this very simplistic definition of who we are as sentient beings physically, it has lead me to believe that man & woman are the way God chose us to be originally.

El Blanko,

You are talking about procreation, not sexual orientation. There is a huge difference. If you adhere to the school of thought that homosexuality is unnatural because same-sex relations do not reproduce offspring, then you also throw a blanket condemnation upon couples who are barren, unable to reproduce, and women who have gone through menopause.

Sexual orientation is a state of being, and encompasses much more than just the sex act itself. I have the same capacity to love as my heterosexual counterparts do. I have the same capacity to be a productive member of society. My only difference is that my orientation instinctively directs me to partner with a member of my own sex.

Religion promotes the stereotype that homosexuals are lascivious and promiscuous by nature, yet these are the same religious entities (and now, governments) who would deny us the benefit of legal recognition of our partnerships through marriage. By denying us the basic right to be recognized as a devoted couple, these religious and political folk are in effect trying to force us back into the shadows to become self-fulfilling prophecies. I love my partner too much to allow that to happen to us!

In other words, look at us as people capable of love, and stop dwelling on the sex. As was clearly demonstrated by the original post in this thread, sexually repressive religions, through their condemnation and lack of understanding and compassion, drive many fine human beings to their death. I am glad I am no longer a JW, because I do not want that blood on my hands.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    "did I choose" ... I am what I am.

The only conscious choice I made was to stop hating my inner being, and then to embrace it.

My conscience is clear in that regard.

As for your god, I do not believe in him. I am beyond him. He can do nothing to me. Only his followers have that ability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit