Writing a "Thesis on Doubting the Watchtower"

by Saethydd 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StudyBuddy
    StudyBuddy

Correct me if I am wrong please, but it seems to me that you are basing your "Doubting" of the WT basically on their hierarchy similarity to other churches in Christendom and the WT handling of Child Abuse cases? Is that really enough to cause you to "doubt"? If that is all you need, then you have no depth of spirituality anyway, those things are purely fleshly. This is not an insult, it is the point that if you are going to "doubt", then you had better understand the beliefs/understandings AND why they are wrong; THAT is a basis for doubt. (But remember in Israel the prophets of God stayed faithful to Him and to their work even when almost the entire nation was worshiping false gods, they had prostitutes working at God's temple, and they were ignoring many, if not most, of their laws.)

In other words, before you "decide" to doubt, have a good reason. And then once you have a good reason, remember what Jesus said YOU need to do to be saved (in another post someone said "believe", but lazy people love to try and stop with John 3:16; 6:47), but Jesus clearly said that if someone "believes" then they will do the work of His Father, and He said that THOSE are the ones that will be saved (Matt 7:21, 24; 12:50). Let your doubting be your reason to LEARN! The job of the slave is to get us started on a path, the path of Christ; once they have done that, WE are supposed to take up feeding ourselves with solid food. Then once we truly understand, what are we supposed to do with it? Jesus told his disciples - (Matthew 13:51, 52) 51 “Did you get the sense of all these things?” They said to him: “Yes.” 52 Then he said to them: “That being the case, every public instructor who is taught about the Kingdom of the heavens is like a man, the master of the house, who brings out of his treasure store things both new and old.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit