Writing a "Thesis on Doubting the Watchtower"

by Saethydd 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I'm currently writing what I've decided to call a "Thesis on Doubting the Watchtower," and was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit with the research. My plan is to use it as a sort of personal reference. If any of you could help me find the publications I'm looking for I would appreciate it.

As things stand I need:

1. PDF of "Shepherd the Flock of God" 2010 (And if anyone has the knowledge necessary to vouch for the authenticity of the PDF I'd appreciate that too.)

2. The Elder's letter that accompanied the above book.

3. I have heard many stories of child abuse cases in which the victim was discouraged from reporting the crime to the authorities, is anyone aware any previously written instruction to this effect?

4. An article in which Watchtower denounces another religion for its hierarchy. (Found it, "g76 9/8 27 Are Clergy-Laity Distinctions Scriptural?")

5. An article in which they directly criticize another religion for mishandling child sex abuse cases.

All right, those are the only ones I have come to at the moment. A shall continue to post anything that I'm having trouble finding as my thesis progresses.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi,

Send me an email and I can help you with your #1 request.

You will find my email at:

http://www.jwstudies.com/contact_me.html

Two of the versions I have cite the dates of the elders' letters.

Doug

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

3. I have heard many stories of child abuse cases in which the victim was discouraged from reporting the crime to the authorities, is anyone aware any previously written instruction to this effect?

I have and read copies of the transcripts from some of the court cases that were settled in USA, and some mention something like that, though they are court cases, so I guess that they did in fact speak up. Will that help?

• wifibandit
  • Saethydd
    Saethydd

Hi,

Send me an email and I can help you with your #1 request.

You will find my email at:

http://www.jwstudies.com/contact_me.html

Two of the versions I have cite the dates of the elders' letters.

Doug

Okay, sent you an email.

I have and read copies of the transcripts from some of the court cases that were settled in USA, and some mention something like that, though they are court cases, so I guess that they did in fact speak up. Will that help?

Sure, can you send me a copy or a link to the copies? Also, do they have any sort of authentic seal so I can be fairly sure the transcripts weren't just made up?

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi,

I sent you an email a while ago with the files attached. If you have not yet found it, I suggest you look in your "Spam" filter. Feel free to email me again if my email to you disappeared into the ether.

Doug

• Landy
    Landy

Have you not got anything more interesting to do?

Seriously, life and spare time are short - use it to do something interesting!

• Ding
    Ding

Awake! October 8, 1993, "How Can We Protect Our Children?"

"For example, the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops concluded recently that it was a “general conspiracy of silence” that allowed gross child abuse to persist among the Catholic clergy for decades. Time magazine, in reporting on the widespread plague of incest, also cited a “conspiracy of silence” as a factor that “only helps perpetuate the tragedy” in families.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Have you not got anything more interesting to do?

Seriously, life and spare time are short - use it to do something interesting!

That is a valid question. I suppose my best answer would be that I'm doing this for my own peace of mind. This way I can know that my current beliefs are based on facts, I can satisfy my own skeptical outlook and never be rightfully accused of not fairly weighing my own beliefs.

That to me is worth the time I spend on this project.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Sure, can you send me a copy or a link to the copies? Also, do they have any sort of authentic seal so I can be fairly sure the transcripts weren't just made up?

They are pdf files made of the official transcripts from the court documents. Yest they are official documents. Please send me a PM with an email address I can send them to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit